|Date Opened||12/16/2016 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,440 - $64,480/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess at least one year of experience as a government or private real estate appraiser. Candidate should also have successful completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 and Course 102, or the Licensed Residential Appraiser Courses AB-1 and AB-II. This position will be responsible for conducting research in our Land Department.
One year of experience as an Appraiser in a government Property Appraiser's Office assessing real estate;
Four years of experience as a private appraiser of real estate;
Successful completion of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Courses 101 and 102 or the Licensed Residential Appraiser Course AB - 1 and AB – II;
Possession of a valid Driver License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of state and county laws, ordinances and regulations governing real estate review and evaluation.
- Considerable knowledge of construction materials.
- Working knowledge of real estate property appraisal and construction principles, practices, methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Skill in measuring building structures.
- Ability to use measuring devices, such as tape measure, scale, and measuring wheel.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, blueprints, plats and aerial photos.
- Ability to identify and evaluate real estate property location, size, use, purchase and market value.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and record structural features, construction methods and quality, and/or zoning, size, and use.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in sub-tropical climates under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares work activities by reviewing deeds and legal descriptions using the Clerk of the Circuit Court Information System (CRIS) and through the acquisition of property record cards, permits and maps using the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system.
- Conducts on site inspections to locate, list, and value real estate property described by the property owners or as reflected in blue prints, building permits, and aerial photos.
- Collects and updates data related to real estate property location and size, use, purchase and market value.
- Records information for property valuation on prescribed forms and compiles and reviews various reports.
- Responds to property valuation inquiries from staff and the general public.
- Handles the more complex real estate property value inspections.
- Acts on behalf of supervisor when required.
- Researches value review requests and represents the department at Value Adjustment Board hearings to provide an accurate account of the methods and procedures used in real estate property valuations.
- Performs minor safety and operational checks on assigned vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||You may contact us by phone at (813) 272-5625 option 1
or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.