Golf Course Assistant
|Date Opened||6/22/2016 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$8.05 - $12.69/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
The Tampa Sports Authority is the manager of Raymond James Stadium and three city golf courses as well as the landlord for George Steinbrenner Field and the Amalie Arena. The Authority was created for the purpose of planning, developing and maintaining a comprehensive complex of sports and recreational facilities for the Tampa Bay area.
The Authority has a need to fill several part-time Golf Course Assistant vacancies. If you have a love for golf, have worked in a golf pro shop before, and are able to work weekends and holidays, then read on to learn more about these part-time Golf Course Assistant opportunities.
Completion of ninth grade; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, fees, scheduling tee times, golf course policies and operational procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of public relations and recreational programs promoting golf.
- Knowledge of proper procedures for food handling, food storage, health standards, sanitation practices and products.
- Knowledge of proper customer service techniques in presenting services to the paying public.
- Knowledge of golf course security procedures.
- Ability to use a computer and related software and applications.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a cash register, make change, balance receipts, and conduct credit card transactions.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, coworkers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Ability to drive a golf cart and perform minor vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to do minor mathematical calculations.
- Ability to answer phones, give directions, and provide pricing and selection information.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Greets and directs customers, answers telephones, makes golf tee time reservations, provides selection and pricing information on merchandise, memberships, card sales, greens fees, rentals, food, beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Promotes tournaments, specials, fundraisers, etc. as it relates to golf course.
- Operates a cash register, makes change, balances register, reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to supervisor in a timely manner, prepares bank deposits daily, and reconciles cash drawer upon completion of shift.
- Patrols course, directs players, ensures proper pace of play, enforces course rules and services, counts and documents individual rounds of golf played, and submits findings.
- Takes, prepares, mixes and serves food, beverage and alcoholic beverage orders, in accordance with laws governing age requirements.
- Takes and prepares food, beverage and alcoholic beverage orders.
- Ensures that food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation and serving areas are clean and neat, by cleaning tables, grills, counters, and utensils in accordance with established food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation regulations.
- Inspects pro shop, carts, cart room, barn, clubhouse and surrounding areas, to ensure they are properly cleaned, maintained, in proper working order and presentable to the public.
- Opens and secures shop, barn and clubhouse, which includes setting and unarming alarms.
- Conducts regular inspections to identify and resolve any safety, preventative maintenance, repairs, and discrepancies pertaining to course conditions, facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity, obstructions, hazardous conditions, greens, divots, cart sand buckets, sand repair tools, and sand traps.
- Monitors sales activities and inventory replenishment by daily, monthly and quarterly inventory control, inventory replenishment, return of any unsold items, and loads vehicles with pre-determined inventory and adequate change.
- Performs various housekeeping duties in all areas of golf course operations, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing, waxing, dusting, arranging furniture, emptying wastebaskets, removing trash, and cleanliness of golf cart fleet, as needed.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance of golf carts, which includes checking batteries, cables, posts, terminals, fittings, wheel bearings, tire pressure and fixing flat tires.
- May operate range ball picker, range ball cleaner, and range ball dispenser.
- Refills sand buckets on golf carts and ensures proper green repair tools are on-board.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE: Working irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends, holidays and adjustments of leave, shifts, and breaks, which may be required upon short notice.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.