Office Assistant III
|Date Opened||1/5/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,928.00 - $50,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
1) outstanding customer service by attending to walk-in customers and answering telephones, giving accurate information and directing inquiries to the appropriate department or agency; 2) strong ethics, integrity, and accountability; 3) excellent oral communication skills by effectively communicating with management, members of the public, attorneys, judges, and other professional agencies; 4) ability to work with other staff members toward a common goal; 5) ability to easily adapt to software programs and type efficiently with attention for details when entering names, legal descriptions, case numbers, and money amounts; 6) ability to multitask between various different and complex job duties; 7) ability to work independently; 8) act and dress professionally. 9) Cashier experience and knowledge of real estate or legal documents; 10) ability to meet daily production standards without sacrificing quality; 11) ability to view images to ensure legibility; 12) ability to sit for extended periods of time; 13) bilingual a plus;
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of official records
o Document types
o Legal descriptions
o Party names/determination
• Knowledge of applicable statutes, laws, office policies and procedures, best practices
• Knowledge of cashiering procedures
• Skilled in oral communication
• Skilled working independently and in group settings
• Skilled performing computations
• Skilled verifying data (detailed)
• Ability to operate office equipment (copier, fax machine, printer, scanner, computer, calculator)
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner using proper grammar skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to provide cashiering function at front counter and back office
• Ability to successfully interact with employees, customers
• Ability to make decisions based on statutes, department and agency polices/processes and best practices
• Ability to follow directions and focus
• Ability to calculate State taxes and other fees
• Ability to multi-task within multiple office duties
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Utilize computer program to enter/retrieve records
- Review quality and correctness of scanned documents
- Review and process documents for recording into the official records from incoming customers, mail, and eRecords (Minimum of 100 documents per day needed to be successful.)
- Determine eligibility for recording pursuant to statutes, Attorney General opinions, and best practices/guidelines
- Determine appropriate amount of documentary stamps and intangible taxes as required by Florid a Department of Revenue
- Scan documents
- Process passport applications, including taking and printing photographs
- Issue marriage licenses and perform ceremonies
- Attend appointments with Judiciary regarding marriage licenses
- Process Home Solicitation Permits
- Provide extensive cashier services
- Issue Clerk’s Certificates
- Certify copies of official record documents including marriage licenses
- Notarize documents for the public
- Provide front counter customer service
- Assist with training new employees regarding recording and records/files retrieval
- Interact/communicate successfully with management and team members
- Maintain and update recording manual
- File daily information logs
- Keep forms bins stocked for public (i.e., marriage licenses/passports/home solicitations)
- Clock in and file work from satellite offices
- Cross-training can include some of the following:
- Prepare documents for mailing/boxes for shipping
- Prepare and send documents to Records Center
- Cross-train to assist with other Official Records tasks
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to stand when performing marriage ceremonies
• Ability to perform repetitive motions involving hands, arms and shoulders
• Ability to lift and carry bins and cash drawers weighing from 5–15 pounds
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.