Technical Solutions Specialist II (Server Administrator)
|Date Opened||10/18/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,603.20 - $101,670.40/year(up to midpoint may be offered based on experience/qualifications)|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate will have experience with:
1) Windows Server Administration – 2 or more years of experience managing a Microsoft Windows server environment including Active Directory, DNS
2) Enterprise Backup Systems – 2 or more years of experience managing an enterprise backup systems such as Symantec NetBackup
3) VMWare administration – One or more year of experience managing an enterprise VMWare server environment
4) Archiving Systems – Experience managing data archiving systems such as Symantec Enterprise Vault
5) Antivirus Solutions – Experience managing anti-virus solutions such as Symantec Endpoint Protection
6) NetApp SAN administration – Preferred certification: NetApp Certified Storage Associate (or higher) and one or more years of experience managing and enterprise NetApp storage environment
7) SQL Server administration – Experience with SQL Server backups, restores, troubleshooting, and basic administration
8) SharePoint administration – Experience configuring and managing SharePoint sites
9) Enterprise Encryption Technology – Experience managing Enterprise Encryption Technology including SSL Certificates, PGP, LDAPS, SSH, SFTP
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university in a related discipline, e.g. B.A. or B.S. in Management Information Systems or Business Administration
• 2 years of experience of experience managing Enterprise backup systems, data archiving solutions, Windows servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, SAN’s, and Antivirus solutions in an enterprise environment.
• Current valid VMWare Certified Associate (or higher) or NetApp Certified Storage Associate and one year of experience managing Enterprise backup systems, data archiving solutions, Windows servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, SAN’s, and Antivirus solutions in an enterprise environment.
· Please note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to organize work, establishes priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
• Maintains and troubleshoots systems software to support enterprise systems and applications.
• Determines the potential solutions and tests them for compatibility.
• Monitors operating efficiency of existing systems.
• Responsible for system troubleshooting, upgrades, and support.
• Gathers technical and business requirements; conducts team review sessions.
• Troubleshoots and resolves software issues of considerable complexity.
• Assesses situations and suggests improvements.
• Documents system problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Writes and maintains system documentation.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Assists in managing server, storage, backup, archiving, and virtualization technologies.
• Analyzes needs for new servers and storage; researches alternatives; works with application support staff and application vendors to identify requirements; configures new servers and provisions storage; implements the server and storage solution.
• Analyzes data backup and retention requirements; configures backup or data replication procedures and scripts; monitors and maintains daily and weekly backups; tests backup and restore capabilities; restores data as needed.
• Analyzes security requirements for systems and applications; identifies specific security solutions needed such as antivirus, network access control lists, certificates, and firewall rules; works with server, network, security, and application administrators to implement security solutions.
• Analyzes system performance using various tools; researches options to improve system performance where needed; implements improvements by tuning or upgrading servers, memory, CPU, operating system software, and storage.
• Manages test and production servers including vendor specific applications and works with vendors and application support staff to resolve server and application problems.
• Works with application support staff to plan and implement new software releases into production; participates in Change Control process by submitting Change Requests.
• Works with Operations Staff to plan and install new server hardware and software, monitor servers and applications, document operational procedures, and respond as needed to operational alerts and events.
• Proactively monitors systems, servers, and storage to identify potential problems; researches solutions using vendor support, technical documentation, and other sources; takes corrective action where needed.
• Performs regular software updates to ensure system security, reliability, and vendor support.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.