Team Supervisor (Records Center)
|Date Opened||10/20/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,121.60 - $65,291.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*Please Note: This vacancy is open to current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
three (3) years of experience within a court operational area
An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university; and
four (4) years of experience within a court operational area
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Five (5) years of experience within a court operational area and/or with the handling of court or legal documents.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to interpret and explain laws, statutes, regulations and other directives.
• Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
• Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
• Ability to prioritize work of the team.
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the unit/section, coordinates and administers assigned resources.
• Sets direction and priorities and allocates staff and resources to projects and unit initiatives.
• Provides supervision, guidance, training and motivation to assigned staff; assigns, monitors and reviews work; evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as needed, including termination.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the unit's activities.
• Implements goals, policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure operational efficiency and effective administration of unit.
• Monitors work flow, data accuracy, and overall quality of work; assures processes and procedures are accomplished according to established guidelines.
• Assesses staffing needs and identifies shortfalls; interviews, recruits and hires new staff.
• Participates in budget development by providing detailed justification and persuasive arguments for proposals or unit initiatives, but has no direct budget approval responsibility.
• Coordinates with other branches/sections within own organization and external agencies/departments to ensure efficient flow of communications and services.
• Provides consultation to customers on matters relating to functional area.
• Prepares a variety of documents for the purpose of documenting activities and administering assigned programs and resources.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.