Court Clerk II (Office Clerk)(Appeals)
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,928.00 - $50,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*Please Note: This vacancy is open to current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have:
- three (3) years of clerical experience, two (2) of which consist of direct experience working with legal documents
- broad knowledge of the criminal or civil court systems
- experience reading and comprehending office-related materials to include legal terminology commonly used in courts
- effective communication skills and experience providing excellent customer service telephonically and/or in person to the public, judges, judicial assistant and attorneys
- the ability to sit for long periods of time
- experience processing payments
- experience writing complete and concise court notes for a long period of time
- experience prioritizing and multi-tasking as well as being diligent in paying close attention to detail
- the flexibility to occasionally work beyond the normal 8 to 5 work day
Three years of clerical experience; including
Two years of experience in the processing, examining, preparing or reviewing of any type of legal document
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
- Some knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Some knowledge of English grammar and spelling, and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
- Ability to type, operate data processing, word processing and other office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with government officials, other employees, and the public.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Prepares, processes and maintains legal records, court files, minutes, calendars, and dockets.
- Maintains docket records and diary of transactions.
- Receives, verifies, and examines legal forms and court exhibits to ensure adherence to court procedures.
- Accepts or rejects bonds based on specified criteria.
- Issues receipts for materials and payments.
- Processes and indexes a variety of reports and other materials according to established procedures.
- Provides information concerning general court procedures to the general public and other departments and agencies.
- Attends court proceedings and records minutes.
- Records case dispositions, court orders and arrangements for payment of court fees.
- Types letters, memoranda, and reports as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.