Court Clerk II (Phone Center)(Cashier)
|Date Opened||9/8/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2017 06:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,928.00 - $50,710.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to retrieve files by bending or stretching
• Ability to lift 20 pounds
• Ability to push carts
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of Phone Center policies and practices.
• Knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, processes, and procedures.
• Knowledge of legal court-related terminology/processes.
• Knowledge of computer programs:
o Odyssey - CMS
o Microsoft WORD
• Skill interacting with general public, attorneys, other employees and management.
• Skill working under pressure.
• Skill meeting deadlines.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to utilize good judgment and sound decision making.
• Ability to type accurately perform data entry, word processing and utilize various office equipment.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work effectively with others while displaying superior customer service skills.
• Ability to calmly and politely assist angry or irate customers while offering the utmost level of customer service and professionalism.
• Provides cashier services over the phone to ensure the timely and accurate collection of payments and fees for courts.
• Processes money via credit card till to assess fees.
• Contacts management for all Voids, Reversals and/or Adjustments.
• Closes and reconciles till at the end of the day and balance, utilizing a My Florida report and double checks it against Odyssey for accuracy.
• Reviews documents filed in cases, summary of financial accounts and payments for correctness; Calculates amounts to be collected; and processes payments using a computerized cashiering system. Updates Case Maintenance System (CMS) and other systems as required.
• Responds to customers inquires via emails.
• Issues receipts via email.
• Provides excellent customer service by answering inbound telephone calls for case inquiry.
• Accesses the Odyssey case maintenance system, using various screens to enter information. Updates cases and interpret entries to provide accurate information.
• Sets court dates.
• Provides back up for the switchboard clerks.
• Clears driver licenses when applicable and in adherence with court procedures.
• Processes case dispositions and processes D6 suspension payments according to established procedures.
• Provides information concerning court and court related procedures to the public, other departments and agencies.
• Maintains professionalism with customers, co-workers and management at all times.
• Acts as back-up/support to the Customer Service Center when needed.
• Cross trains in multiple court areas and works in other areas of the office as required by the needs of the department.
• Interacts professionally with the public, attorneys, other governmental agencies, and other Clerk’s Office departments.
• Interprets/explains statutes, regulations, and procedures.
• Trains others as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.