Accounting Manager (Financial Reporting Manager)
|Date Opened||10/2/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$75,129.60 - $116,459.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
The Clerk of Circuit Court / Comptroller (“Clerk”) is the CFO of Hillsborough County, a large county with total annual revenues of about $1.9 billion. The Clerk is also responsible for accounting, financial reporting, auditing, and treasury functions for the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. The “Accounting Manager (Financial Reporting Manager)” position is in the County Finance Department of the Clerk. Responsibilities include Financial Reporting, General Ledger and Accounting System oversight, Accounting and accounting system problem-solving, special projects, coordination of the annual County audit, financial analysis, approving certain journal entries, and supervision of one or more employees.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
five (5) years of experience in Accounting, Auditing, Financial or Business Analysis or similar field,
of which three (3) years of experience is in preparing and/or auditing complex financial reports.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting since some County financial statements must be prepared on the accrual basis of accounting. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
• Skill with preparing complex financial reports in compliance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board or other similar standards setting board. Experience with financial statement preparation software such as CaseWare would be a big plus.
• Knowledge and experience with an Oracle ERP system or a similar ERP system such as SAP, PeopleSoft or JD Edwards and related Business Intelligence (BI or OBIEE) or other reporting tools is preferred.
• Skill and experience in solving Accounting and accounting system problems.
• Ability to implement new standards issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, new Florida Statutes that apply to the County Finance Department, and other requirements imposed by outside entities.
• Knowledge of effective internal controls. A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certificate is a plus. Knowledge of Government, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software would be a big plus.
• Knowledge of budgeting. Knowledge of state/local government budgeting would be a plus.
• Ability to oversee and ensure the integrity of month-end closing processes. Ability to organize and oversee the year-end closing process to be followed by the County Finance Department and departments in other organizations.
• Ability to develop advanced Excel spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, presentations and reports.
• Skill in writing reports (other than financial statements), e-mails, etc.
• Skill in preparing and approving journal entries.
• Ability to analyze financial information to ensure accurate Accounting and Financial Reporting.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, auditors, other departments, other governmental agencies, and consultants.
• Ability to effectively manage, schedule, train, monitor, and evaluate assigned staff.
• Ability to manage projects such as the annual County audit or requests for proposals. Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below. This is an unclassified executive management position, so job duties may change based on critical needs.
• Prepare annual financial reports such as the following with assistance of an Accountant III: Hillsborough County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Local Government Annual Financial Report, Popular Annual Financial Report, and various other financial reports. Review and ensure the appropriate presentation of the Federal and State Single Audit Reports and Water and Solid Waste Enterprise Fund financial reports prepared by others. These reports are posted at http://www.hillsclerk.com/Records-and-Reports/Financial-Reports-County
• Research and solve Accounting and Oracle ERP system problems. Work with Information Technology Department and other internal/external parties to solve problems when necessary.
• Conduct workgroups or training sessions to solve problems, collaboratively develop new processes, and train personnel.
• Understand business processes from an internal control perspective. Help develop, monitor and/or investigate Oracle Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) results that apply to the County Finance Department.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of both the Oracle ERP system and related subledgers and subsystems, as well as the County’s ledger and account structure and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI). Use Business Intelligence (BI or OBIEE) and/or Oracle EBS reports to monitor and analyze the condition of the General Ledger to ensure that quality and integrity of General Ledger and Subledger information.
• Analyze accounting information to determine/ensure reasonableness for financial reporting.
• Coordinate the annual County audit and prepare certain schedules and documents for the independent auditors.
• Lead special Accounting or ERP system-related projects for the County Finance Department.
• Supervise and evaluate assigned staff, initially an Accountant III (Financial Reporting).
• Approve certain journal entries prepared by others, including journal entries for monthly investment transactions.
• Represent the County Finance Department in dealings with other governmental entities such as the Board of County Commissioners (including County Administrator departments) and Constitutional Officer organizations.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.