Fiscal Analyst (Construction)
|Date Opened||1/4/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,435.20 - $84,822.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field; and Four years of governmental budgetary/finance experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of GAAP, governmental grants, budgetary procedure and controls.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations controlling budgetary and fiscal record keeping.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems to include automated accounting system applications.
- Knowledge of the specific accounting and reporting requirements and the complete accounting cycle of the organization to which assigned.
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, fiscal, payroll and leave data, reports and statements.
- Ability to prepare accounting and audit records, statements, and reports.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply job related laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Leads, facilitates, and/or participates in the preparation and management of operating, capital improvement, and program/grant budgets by compiling and analyzing federal, state, and local financial and programmatic data including statistical and performance measures of budget figures.
- Prepares monthly program and department financial reports including projections, variance analyses and explanations.
- Leads or assists in the development and reporting of program and/or department performance measures.
- Identifies fiscal needs for budget amendments and prepares draft budget resolutions and amendments for approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Performs financial analysis providing regular reports on all aspects of the department's budget to include budget versus actual revenue / expenditures and variance analysis, and environmental scan/trend analysis for impacts to the costs of services and/or productivity.
- Prepares budget reports and projections, special assessments, and reports for state and federal grant funds.
- Consults with and elicits input from departmental representatives while formulating, analyzing, reviewing, and controlling individual department budget.
- Identifies appropriate expense categorization for capitalization purposes and populates the fixed asset module.
- Reviews various personnel requests, accounting and auditing reports, federal applications, contracts, grants, budget resolutions, and payroll changes for accuracy and conformance with federal, state, local, and contractual requirements.
- Consults with county officials and personnel on funding requests and justifications, organizational changes, expenditure levels, fiscal ramifications of proposals, and enhancement of budgetary processes.
- Prepares and/or facilitates preparation of Revenue and Expense Overview Reports, Capital Improvement Program Status Reports, and other budget related reports.
- Suggests cost-cutting and efficiency alternatives.
- May serve as grant coordinator for a variety of local, state, and federal grants obtained by the county or department; ensures compliance with grant provisions and timetables, and directs reporting and audit responses to external agencies.
- Monitors the fiscal aspects of grants and capital projects to include set-up in the financial system, creation of task structure, projections and cash flows, reimbursement requests, and internal and external reporting.
- Presents findings orally and in writing to department management and/or outside departments.
- Consults with and informs Department Director and management on fiscal position, budget, and/or grant matters and participates in committees relating to budget and grant issues, providing technical input.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial and status reports for management to include customized Business Intelligence (BI) reports, cost recovery reports, rate studies, and statistical information.
- Prepares programmatic monthly financial reports that may include analyzing multi-funding sources and bond/grant requirements, attends oversight board meetings, departmental leadership meetings and other meetings as required to provide financial and program reports and information.
- May participate with franchise acquisitions and revenue bond compliance.
- Provides assistance to auditors during local, state, federal and annual financial audits.
- Performs other duties as needed, including those performed by subordinate fiscal, financial, and clerical staff.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
Sitting for extended periods of time in a standard office environment utilizing a computer 99% of time.
Cubicle setting in a climate-controlled office. This position may be required to be available to assist in emergency events such as hurricanes, tropical storms, etc. Overtime may be required to meet operational needs.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.