Community Collection Ctr Attendant
|Date Opened||1/10/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,980.80 - $38,708.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
One year of experience involving toll or weigh station collecting, cashiering, or in solid waste recycling and field operations.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Current and valid Florida Driver’s License
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable Knowledge of solid waste and recycling methods, procedures and equipment.
- Considerable Knowledge of chemical incompatibilities and ability to recognize indicators of unstable chemicals through visual inspection.
- Working Knowledge of environmental impact of hazardous waste on ground water, surface water, and air quality.
- Working Knowledge of environmental related codes, laws, ordinances, rules and regulations affecting Solid Waste Management operations.
- Working Knowledge of D.O.T. requirements for hazardous waste.
- Working Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Working Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations controlling the processing of official record documents, fees and fiscal record keeping.
- Some knowledge of safety procedures and safety equipment.
- Skill in the use and operations of commercial weight scales.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort chemicals into proper waste categories.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to handle cash transactions.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel or crouch at ground levels.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions and high noise levels.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies, and maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Ability to adjust, maintain and calibrate commercial scales.
- Ability to operate a County vehicle.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Directs vehicle operators as they enter facility, aids vehicle operators in positioning vehicles on scales, and records gross and empty weights.
- Inspects vehicle cargos to ensure materials to be discharged do not violate applicable laws, rules, and/or regulations.
- Records service fees on vouchers, determines if transactions are cash or charge, and completes receipts.
- Transports receipts to bank or departmental office for deposit as directed.
- When the need arises, may fill in for absent employees at other Solid Waste facilities.
- Maintains various records and reports as required.
- Maintains recycling drop-off sites by policing for litter, mowing and other landscaping maintenance tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
This position will require occasionally sitting for a period of time, occasionally lifting of up to 30 pounds, including squatting to pick up items, and bending over. May also be exposed to inclement outdoor weather occasionally. This position will be required to operate a County vehicle.
This is a full time position based in an outdoor environment with high noise levels. This position will be 10 hour days, 4 days a week. This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position may be required to be available to assist in Emergency events such as Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, etc. This position may require working overtime on very short notice.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.