Personal Care Aide (Adult Day Care)
|Date Opened||12/5/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19,822.40 - $31,449.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Completion of the eighth grade; and
Possession of a current State of Florida Certificate of Nursing Assistance; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Position requires ability to lift/carry, bend/crouch, push/pull, squat/kneel, reach, data entry, walk, sit, stand, and file.
- Position requires ability to assist with maneuvering a wheelchair or assisting seniors with limited mobility.
- Ability to lead senior activities; such as exercise classes & moving to music.
- Ability to multi task and use a computer & telephone answering system.
- Position will primarily work out of an assigned Adult Day Care Center.
- Primarily working in an activity or multi-purpose room.
- Significant time will be spent facilitating senior activities, assisting frail seniors with toileting needs, serving a mid day pre-plated meal and taking client's monthly blood pressures and weights.
- Travel will be required for marketing, training, staffing at another Adult Day Care center, special events and meetings.
- Work environment requires candidate to multi-task, the ability to work in an area with noise in the background and redirect confused seniors throughout the day.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the proper techniques for the care of frail or elderly clients.
- Skill in the application of proper techniques for the care of frail or elderly clients.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to complete reports.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Assists the client to complete personal hygiene (bathing, dressing, grooming, mouth care, etc.)
- Assists the client to and from the bathroom and with toileting need.
- Assists the client with transferring chairs, to and from activity rooms and other similar locations.
- Reminds the client to take his/her medications at a specific time.
- Provides proper care and observation of the client's skin.
- Assists the client with food, nutrition and diet activities.
- Observes nutrition and diet activities.
- Provides updates on client conditions to the LPN or RN.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.