|Date Opened||12/15/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,289.60 - $68,827.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Possess an Electrical Journeyman Certificate of Competency/License issued from any jurisdiction throughout the State of Florida, and 6 years documented experience as an electrician maintaining electric power-controlling equipment and/or distribution lines of at least 600V, and one year of experience as a supervisor.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose industrial electrical equipment problems to determine the proper remedial action to be taken during preventative and corrective repairs.
- Working knowledge concerning the principals of electricity, current National Electrical Codes and Regulations (NEC), and standard safety practices.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Qualification for Industrial Electrician (Intermediate Level) –
An Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering; and
Two years of Commercial or Industrial Electrician or Electrical Equipment Repairer with specific experience working on AC/DC motors, generators, voltage regulators, transformers, and power control panels; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Qualifications for Industrial Electrician (Journeyman and/or Lead Worker Level) –
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Six years of experience as an electrician maintaining electric power-controlling equipment and/or distribution lines of at least 600V; including one year of experience as a supervisor.
Must have a current Electrical Journeyman Certificate of Competency/License issued from any jurisdiction throughout the State of Florida.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Candidates should have the ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Position will require climbing ladders and catwalks, climbing in general, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, working at elevated heights and in confined spaces. The incumbent must have the ability to lift, push and pull 50 pounds and wear/don all applicable PPE required of the position.
This job is mostly outdoors at sewer pump stations candidate should have the ability to work in confined spaces, in inclement weather, and at heights. Candidate should have the willingness to respond to emergency situations such as floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural and/or unnatural crises to provide for public health and safety.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the current National Electrical Codes and Regulations (NEC).
- Knowledge of advanced tools, equipment, and testing devices of the electrical trade to include their proper/required maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade, including those associated with AC and DC circuits.
- Knowledge of required electrical maintenance and repair of electrical operating equipment and control systems.
- Knowledge of advanced troubleshooting methods and repair/diagnostics of multiple and various electronic systems.
- Knowledge of testing, calibration, and program breaker trip settings and functions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and basic programs used to perform mathematical calculations revolving around requirements based in the NEC.
- Knowledge of Automatic Transfer Switches operation as well as Main-Tie-Main switchgear operations in all facets of operations.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and splicing techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emergency situations such as floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural and/or unnatural crises to provide for public health and safety.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability and willingness to work in confined spaces, in inclement weather, and at heights.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists in and/or completes installation, maintenance, or repair of Industrial Electrical Systems rated up to 600 volts or more depending on functional working level.
- Recommends electrical system requirements for facilities and conducts technical inspections on new installations of electrical systems, modifications of existing equipment, motors, and related electrically operated apparatus.
- Determines routing, location and method of installing industrial wiring, conduit, equipment, fixtures, and accessories from complex industrial drawings, wiring diagrams, ladder logic, blueprints, and sketches.
- Tests, calibrates, and programs breaker trip settings and functions.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots operations of PLC systems.
- Perform scheduled inspections and review of all electrical panels, perform proper preventative maintenance on all associated electrical equipment, and upgrade electrical equipment.
- Identifies and documents all electrical enclosures and equipment within facilities and maintains accurate labeling in all panels, motor control centers (MCC’s), junction boxes, and switch gear.
- Ensures electrical safety of all associates and that equipment is in proper working order.
- Installs proper safety signage and locks on or near all electrical equipment that is not in working order.
- Prepares work schedules and coordinate maintenance schedule with integrated teams as well as prepare technical reports of electrical operational issues.
- Perform the calculations involved in the operation of sizing Industrial Electrical Services, Transformers, UPS Units, Panels, Breakers, Box and Conduit Fill and Wire Sizes.
- May also oversee and consult with outside electrical and construction contractors to assure compliance within NEC and Hillsborough County specifications, rules, policies, and regulations.
- May be required to assume responsibility of controlling electrical emergencies.
- May direct and/or oversee the work of lower level electricians and fellow technical maintenance employees.
Perform other duties as assigned and maintain a safe and clean work environment. This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.