Employee & Organizational Communications Strategist
|Date Opened||12/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,324.80 - $85,945.60/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree or Associate’s degree preferred in communications, public administration, organizational communication or a related field;
Three or more years professional communications experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Constantly sitting at a desk or table. Occasionally standing and/or walking.
Constantly in normal office situation. Occasionally requires travel, including overnight stays.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Expert command of the English language.
- Ability to deliver compelling information in written, multimedia and face-to-face formats.
- Understanding of public administration, organizational development, industrial psychology, human relations or any other field that studies how governments or organizations improve employee relations.
- Experience leading without direct reporting authority in a large organization.
- Provides leadership toward the development and implementation of comprehensive communication/education plans and strategies that increase engagement, awareness and understanding of the County’s enterprise programs as developed and instituted by the County Administrator and Senior Staff.
- Utilizes innovative communication methodologies and strategies in order to facilitate large-scale/organizational change throughout the County and across multiple business units and/or departments.
- Responsible for establishing and managing internal communications as an integral function to the adoption of the County’s programs and enterprise solutions that work to align the organization.
- Maintains relationships with a comprehensive network or policymakers, opinion leaders, business institutions, and others.
- Serves as an expert on communicating change within the organization and across business units. Works to identify audiences and appropriate communications tools/tactics/vehicles for delivering key messages throughout the organization.
- Works to identify audiences and appropriate communications tools/tactics/vehicles for delivering key messages throughout the organization. Serves as consultant to County Administrator departments.
- Works closely with the Communications & Digital Media Department to align messaging and programming as well as to execute programs and promote the communication functions within the organizational structure of County government.
- Handles special assignments and high-priority projects as assigned by the Chief Communications Administrator including aligning organizational communication efforts to the County’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.