|Date Opened||12/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,129.60 - $57,366.40/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum of four (4) years experience as an electrician or Journeyman's License from any jurisdiction
- Customer Service Experience
- Commercial Experience
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate;
Four years of experience as an electrician to include one year as a lead worker;
Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands for this position is to stoop, bend, lift and stand for long period of time. This position requires to climb ladders up to 12 feet high and also, using the man-lift up to 60 feet high. At times, carrying up to 40 lbs.
This position is a full-time that deals with all weathers from extreme heat to an air conditioning office. Also, will work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height. The individual will be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of electricity.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and operations of electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code.
- Working knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Skill in the use and care of electrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to distinguish differences in wire and cable colors.
- Ability and willingness to be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
- Supervises or participates in the more difficult installation, alteration, repair and maintenance of commercial and industrial electrical systems, motors, generators, fixtures, appliances, and mechanical equipment.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Maintains and alters electrical systems.
- Locates and corrects power failures and motor trouble on bridges.
- Checks the performance of electrical work on photoelectric cells, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors, and traffic counters.
- Supervises the wiring of lighting control circuits and devices.
- Plans and estimates costs of electrical wiring and fixtures on construction projects.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.