Compliance and Monitoring Manager
|Date Opened||12/5/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,884.80 - $107,806.40/year|
|Department||Affordable Housing Office|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience in Compliance and Monitoring subrecipient activities and the Federal and State grants and loans afforded to public and private non-profit agencies.
- Master's degree with a major in Public Administration, Business, Social Services, Planning, or related field.
- HUD Certified HOME Administrator
- Certified HOME Program Specialist
- NCHEC Certification in Homeownership Counseling
- AICP Certification
Bachelor's degree with a major in Public Administration, Business, Social Services, Planning, or related field;
Seven years of progressively responsible work in grants administration including CDBG, HOME, or ESG, housing programs, community planning or business management; including at least Three years of supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting, lifting, reaching, walking.
Office environment, requires travel within County and out of the County. Travel overnight for several days at a time for training in and out of State.
- Manages staff to ensure effective implementation, monitoring, evaluation, programmatic and fiscal accountability for all agency cultural/social/infrastructure contracts awarded by the BOCC with Federal and/or State funds.
- Develops annual goals, objectives and strategies of the Section.
- Develops tools and guidelines for successful monitoring of contract awards by the Section.
- Oversees the application of actions needed to bring funded projects into compliance.
- Collaborates with peer managers and director in development of department mission, goals, objectives, strategies for successful delivery of annual operational budget.
- Collaborates with peer managers and director in development of Annual Action Plans and 5-Year Consolidated Plan for HUD.
- Supervises staff and schedules work of staff for compliance monitoring activities.
- Conducts mid-term and end-of-term performance evaluations of assigned Section staff.
- Serves as representative of the Department Director in program activities with other County departments, County Administration and the BOCC.
- Assumes project lead/point of contact for all program audits of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.