|Date Opened||11/13/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,435.20 - $84,822.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Two years or more of experience in network design, monitoring, maintenance, and support of network infrastructure hardware and software in an enterprise environment with an emphasis in Wireless technology.
- Two years or more of experience managing, troubleshooting, and administering Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Access Points, and wireless technology in an enterprise environment (i.e. 1,000+ users)?
- Two years or more of experience managing, troubleshooting, and administering CAPWAP, 802.11, 8020.11x.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related engineering field and
Two years of experience providing network administration, setup, installation, upgrades, and preventative/remedial maintenance for enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), voice communications infrastructure/systems (including Voice Over IP), and wireless networking systems.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description
Valid driver license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely
- Ability to lift end-user hardware up to 30 pounds.
- Office Environment
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with network routing protocols, switching methodologies, Virtual Private Networking (VPN) connectivity, and data network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with wireless infrastructure/systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with data communications over wireless network infrastructure.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), and wireless networking.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
- Ability to lift end-user hardware up to 30 pounds.
- Performs network administration, setup, installation, upgrades, and preventative/remedial maintenance for enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), and wireless networking systems. Manages technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology.
- Performs remedial troubleshooting, preventative/remedial maintenance, installation, configuration, and upgrades, for enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), and wireless networking.
- Provides Tier-2 technical support for escalated complex issues related to enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), and wireless networking.
- Performs project management duties on routine technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Acts as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects originating from the Enterprise Project Management Office as well as other Departments.
- Works with vendors, clients, carriers and other technical staff to resolve technical issues related to vendor-specific supported infrastructure.
- Develops, edits, and presents, technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Drives a vehicle to remote locations to deliver, pickup, install and/or troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Performs public records searches as requested per established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*