Manager (Senior Center)
|Date Opened||11/29/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,768.00 - $64,708.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience planning and coordinating health and wellness activities for older adults.
- Experience supervising employees in high volume facility operations or a customer service environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Two or more years of experience directly related to the position duties; and
Possession of a valid Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands: Requires a significant amount of standing and walking throughout senior center. Some lifting required to assist in the rearranging of senior center furniture and/or equipment for various programs.
Work Environment: Office and recreation type setting, requires travel to meetings and outreach visits.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Considerable knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of senior centers.
Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
Ability to support, promote, and ensure alignment with the department's/agency's goals and vision.
Ability to effectively recruit, select, develop and retain competent staff.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to effectively manage and guide group efforts.
Ability to create solutions to problems using new methods and processes.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the particular agency/division/department to which they are assigned, individual employees may perform all or any of the duties described below.
- Manages the day-to day-operations of a senior center which includes operating the congregate meal program, coordinating transportation for seniors, facilitating and coordinating wellness programs, maintaining the safety of the building and ensuring the safety of the seniors.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates health and wellness activities for older adults. Conducts group and individual activities.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates congregate dining services.
- Assesses eligibility and ability to participate in programs.
- Coordinates and participates in the marketing of the center's services.
- Provides supervision, guidance, training, and motivation to assigned personnel; evaluates employee performance; conducts staff meetings and training sessions.
- Participates in the selection of personnel and provides for their professional development.
- Insures the safety of older adults within the senior center by adhering to all federal, state, and departmental guidelines.
- Facilitates the maintenance, security, and safety of the center; ensures all inspections are current.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of an assigned senior center budget.
- Recruits and works with center advisory council to identify service needs for older adults and develops and implements programs to fulfill these needs.
- Establishes community partnerships to enhance program offerings.
- Coordinates, interfaces, and supervises the services provided at the senior center by public and private agencies.
- Supervises and assists in the recruitment, training, and development of volunteer support staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*