Manager Bldg Permitting/Plans Review
|Date Opened||11/7/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,884.80 - $107,806.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
High School Diploma or GED certificate required, Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or building construction preferred.
And eight (8) years of experience directly related to the position duties with at least Five (5) years of supervision.
And possession of a Florida Registered Architect license or Florida Professional Engineer license or Florida Standard Building Plans Examiner License issued by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
And possession of a Florida Building Code Administrator License issued by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Florida Building Code Administrator license must be obtained within twelve (12) months of employment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Occasionally requires travel, including overnight stays
Constantly in normal office situation. Occasionally in a high noise environment. Frequently has exposure to moving machinery and/or vehicle. Frequently requires travel, excluding overnight stays. Occasionally has exposure to weather.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Work is broad in scope covering one or more complicated area
- Policy, procedure, or precedent are typically created by this position
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approach to highly intricate, technically complex problems
- Supervisor is available to review established department and/or County Objectives
- Independent judgment is required to recommend departmental or County objectives, evaluate new approached to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions
- Requires developing and maintaining ongoing internal and external relationships involving difficult, formal negotiations
- Well-developed sense of timing, strategy and may involve detailed explanation and interpretation of policies, rules and regulations
- Requires the handling of extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information and material
- Long-range strategic planning for organizational effectiveness
- Plan events that will occur during the year
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Direct the operations of the Building and Construction Services.
- Develop and conduct training programs
- Assign duties
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
- Maintain that certification are in compliance
- Responds to customer service requests from the building industry and the public engaged on types of issues.
- Monitor workloads and review times
- Redirect resources as necessary to ensure timely and efficient delivery of services.
- Address staff questions and provide appropriate direction
- Attend meetings with applicants and building industry representatives
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and policies for Building and Construction Services
- Periodically evaluate and update standard operating procedures and policies as necessary
- Determines funding requirements, make recommendations, prepare budget documents, and monitors status of allocated funds, revenue collection and control expenses
- Manage the Building Permits and Plan Review/Permitting teams
- Serve as the Building Official as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.