Extension Agent Nutrition Health
|Date Opened||11/21/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Commensurate with Education and Experience|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A bachelor’s degree in family and consumer sciences, nutrition, dietetics, health & wellness, or a closely related field of study is required. A master’s degree and professional experience are preferred.
- An agent hired without a master's degree will be expected to make at least 50% progress toward degree completion within 6 years of employment. Tuition is waived for course work completed within the State of Florida University system.
- A professional license in Dietetics as approved by the Florida Dept. of Professional Regulations is preferred.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is desirable.
- Some evening and weekend work, and occasional use of personal transportation, will be required. Must have or be able to obtain a valid Florida driver's license.
- The successful candidate will be required to actively participate in the Florida Extension Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (FEAFCS) professional organization.
- The successful candidate must pass a drug screening and background check as required by Hillsborough County policy.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills are required.
- Proficiency with late-edition Microsoft Office applications, web research, and navigation is required. Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, webpage design software and online tools in educational technology is highly desirable.
The agent will:
- Design, implement, evaluate, and report on community-based educational programs focusing on human nutrition, wellness, and food systems to consumers and organizations.
- Implement programs and provide services that reflect the diverse needs of the community.
- Manage volunteer systems and extend educational efforts through these systems.
- Develop good media relations to promote and disseminate educational information.
- Establish an advisory committee of citizens and professionals to analyze the county situation, identify priority issues, and assist with program design to reach target clientele.
- Manage financial resources to support the nutrition, wellness, and food systems FCS programs.
- Manage program components including program policies, records, risk management, communication, and educational materials.
- Establish and maintain an effective system for accountability and public information to all relevant individuals, groups, organizations, and agencies.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with community agencies and leaders, businesses, media, and the general public on local food initiatives, nutrition and wellness.
- Develop effective working relationships with the 4-H Youth Development program plus other food system and nutrition programs in Hillsborough County.
- Follow all appropriate University of Florida and Hillsborough County policies and procedures.
The agent will assume other responsibilities as assigned by the County Extension Director or District Extension Director. As a Univ. of Florida faculty member, the agent will work to acquire grants and in-kind support, lead interdisciplinary efforts, develop creative works (presentations, fact sheets, posters, webpage tools), and write non-technical educational materials for clientele.
Apply through the online UF application system at http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/505475 , and attach your Resume or CV, as well as a cover letter that describes how your experience and qualifications have prepared you for this position. Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (Eastern) of the posting end date.
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
You must submit unofficial copies of all transcripts and/or coursework of your academic degrees. You may attach these as an "other" document, or you may submit to our office as directed below. An unofficial copy is acceptable for the application process, but before you can be hired, IFAS Human Resources must have the official transcript for your highest degree on file. Also, all applicants must have at least three reference rating forms on file.
Reference forms must be less than one year old. If you have not already done so, please contact your professional/academic references and ask that they complete a reference rating form on your behalf. The form is located at http://personnel.ifas.ufl.edu/ref_form.pdf .
Please also complete and submit the Previous Employment Form (located at http://personnel.ifas.ufl.edu/prev_employment.pdf ).
With the exception of official transcripts, all items submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than the next business day after the position closing date. All documents submitted by fax or email must be received no later than the next business day. If your official transcripts will arrive after the closing date, you must also submit unofficial transcripts by the deadline.
Requested reference forms and transcripts should be submitted to:
Ms. Dana LeCuyer
UF IFAS Human Resources
Faculty Recruitment and Hiring
P O Box 110281
Gainesville, FL 32611-0281
Fax: (352) 392-3226.
Candidates will be reviewed as applications are received, but please be aware that interviews will not be scheduled until January, 2018.
Hillsborough County is located on the East side of Tampa Bay and includes the City of Tampa. With a population of 1,229,226, Hillsborough is one of Florida's leading urban counties as well as the fourth largest producer of agricultural products in the state of Florida. In 2012, the county produced a farm gate value of $ $702 million and had 2,466 farms.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.