|Date Opened||10/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,768.00 - $64,708.80/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate;
Five (5) years of experience in operation, maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities and related equipment or operation and maintenance of large capacity heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, dependent upon the position assigned, including three (3) years of supervisory experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
General maintenance trade duties, office duties, including but not limited to sitting, standing, good hearing, good near and distant vision, lifting up to 50 lbs.
Office/outdoor environments, job sites, indoor office and buildings, varying weather conditions, attend meetings in various County buildings, must possess valid driver's license.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of one or more of the following, or a combination there of: buildings and other physical structures, electrical, mechanical equipment and systems, vehicular and stationary equipment, or electronic systems. ·
- Considerable knowledge of codes, rules, regulations and requirements pertaining to area(s) of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety regulations, standards, and equipment.
- Considerable Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to coordinate contracted work and inspect once complete.
- Ability to locate, analyze, and diagnose deficiency or equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with subordinates, peers, and others.
- Ability to identify trends in malfunctions and take appropriate actions to improve system reliability and safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and controls a wide range of activities conducted by city personnel in building maintenance, construction, and renovation activities or in the installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (hvac), plumbing and electrical systems; directs detailed preventive maintenance programs for buildings and facilities or climate control equipment on a scheduled basis; consults with operating department representatives as requested to determine their needs and the scope of work to be performed; receives work orders; prioritizes and schedules work to be done; checks emergency repair needs and determines what action should be taken.Establishes preventive maintenance programs, procedures and schedules, supervises an equipment safety inspection program, and makes periodic inspections to ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Reviews contract bids and inspect work performed by contractors to ensure conformance to specifications and contract integrity, brings contract inadequacies to the attention of management, and follows up to ensure correction of contract performance.
- Keeps daily records and logs on operating conditions and repairs to mechanical equipment there the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Requisitions and maintains replacement parts and materials in central stock to allow timely completion of assignments. Supervises the maintenance and tracks inventories valued up to $10,000.00.
- Prepares technical specifications for equipment acquisition.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to subordinates, and trains personnel in safety procedures and operating standards.
- Ability to document own work and work of others.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*