|Date Opened||10/4/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19,905.60 - $25,750.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Completion of the sixth school grade; and
One year of experience assisting in one or more skilled trades or general maintenance or construction work; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Walking approximately six (6) hours per day, standing/sitting approximately two (2) hours per day. The job also requires frequent fine manipulations, repetitive motion, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds; occasional bending/stooping, grasping, reaching.
Field position working along side busy roadways performing manual labor in outside environment, exposed to heat, sun, high humidity, rain and other adverse weather conditions.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Some knowledge of procedures and techniques used in one or more construction trades.
- Some knowledge of the construction and maintenance of various types of buildings and facilities.
- Some knowledge of tree maintenance.
- Skill in the use of hand and electrical tools and equipment used in building construction and maintenance or tree maintenance.
- Ability to climb trees.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Assists electricians in installing and repairing electrical wiring, fixtures, and related equipment.
- Assists painters in mixing and matching paints, stains, and painting.
- Assists plumbers in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes, valves, faucets, sinks, and other plumbing facilities.
- Assists masons in laying brick, cement block, and sidewalks.
- Assists carpenters in repairing chairs, tables, fences, doors, windows, floor, and other articles and fixtures.
- Assists maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of buildings.
- Assists HVAC mechanics in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, refrigeration, and airconditioning equipment.
- Assists equipment mechanics in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and/or diesel operated vehicles or other related mechanical components.
- Assists with the construction, maintenance, and repair of roads, bridges, ditches, culverts, and associated structures.
- Assists in the use of gas/electric operated equipment.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Cleans work sites upon work completion.
- Performs general care, maintenance and cutting of trees.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*