Treatment Counselor-Part-Time (Master's)(Non-Standard Hours)
|Date Opened||10/9/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2017 11:59:00 PM|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Master's degree with a major in a Social or Behavioral Science.
- Five years of professional experience in guidance and rehabilitative counseling or clinical social work.
- Three years of experience working with at-risk youth.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with mental health related issues and complex trauma, substance abuse, court involved youth, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, child welfare related issues and crisis intervention techniques.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in a Social or Behavioral Science; and
Three years of professional level experience in guidance and rehabilitative counseling or clinical social work; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequently sitting at a desk or table. Frequently standing and/or walking outside around 30-acre campus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment. Requires traveling to sites around Hillsborough County.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of counseling methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations concerning treatment and educational programs.
- Considerable knowledge of human behavior, child development, social problems, family dynamics and community resources.
- Considerable knowledge of child management techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of professional ethics related to the counseling profession.
- Skill in the application of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to identify and determine individual treatment needs.
- Ability to clinically review and supervise the maintenance of client files.
- Ability to administer and interpret test results.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to interpret laws, regulations and policies.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Participates in the development and implementation of various treatment and educational plans.
- Interviews, evaluates, and counsels children, adolescents, and family members.
- Administers and interprets various diagnostic and assessment tests.
- Evaluates various treatment programs and makes recommendations concerning appropriate revisions and adjustments.
- Maintains, reviews and supervises the maintenance of client history files.
- Prepares reports on psychological examinations for staff dissemination.
- Provides case management services including case management of at risk children and children with disabilities.
- Participates in various in service training programs.
- On a project or assignment basis, may supervise and train subordinate professional personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.