Senior Professional Engineer (Traffic Management Engineer)
|Date Opened||10/17/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/2/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$74,630.40 - $118,456.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months. Proof of application for a Florida Professional Engineer’s License must be submitted with the application, if Engineer currently holds a license in another state.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting , bending, walking, operation of motor vehicle, good vision, hearing, situation awareness, use of computers, good oral skills.
Office environment, field work to evaluate traffic engineering conditions and related considerations, offsite meetings, and field work related to emergency situations and post event assessment and recovery.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Traffic Intelligent Transportation (IT) System related projects and traffic management principles related to traffic signalization and operations.
- Knowledge of traffic signal hardware and software technology, and communication systems.
- Knowledge of the Traffic Engineering principles and practices, design experience with intersection design, traffic signalization, traffic signs, pavement markings, street lighting, review data/trends, and applicable use of traffic control devices for TTC.
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the planning, design, and construction of roads, streets, and Public Works facilities.
- Working knowledge of traffic modeling and simulation software.
- Working knowledge of GIS Signal System Technology.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and ordinances, and other professional sources of information pertaining to public roadways, and infrastructures.
- Skills to manage and assist with the design and development of traffic signal timings, communication/video plans, specifications, permitting, cost estimates, and contracts.
- Ability to supervise, plan, review and evaluate technical engineering projects, designs, and specifications.
- Ability to analyze complex traffic problems and conditions, and present clear and concise engineering recommendations.
- Ability to develop scopes of work and special conditions for design and construction contracts and maintain relationship with consultant management consultants.
- Ability to manage, train, schedule, assign, monitor, review, and evaluate assigned staff.
- Ability to comprehend and apply engineering, scientific and technical principles and methods to plan, formulate and carry out programs and policies.
- Ability to write complex technical reports, estimates, construction, and cost records.
- Lead the County’s Advanced Traffic System Management (ATMS) Program
- Oversee the operations of the Traffic Management Center (TMC)
- Supervise the Temporary Traffic Control (TTC) Program
- Coordinate the Advanced Traffic System Management Program with other agencies.
- Seek funding for the Intelligent Transportation Program.
- Coordinate innovation Smart Vehicle Technology.
- Provide engineering judgment on compatibility of designs for internal County projects, consultant reviews, and Developer reviews.
- Oversees a Public Works Program and multiple projects under the ATMS Program.
- Supervises the work of professional and technical subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Keep the ATMS Master Plan current and upgraded on annual basis.
- Manage the re-timing of County-Wide traffic signals.
- Perform other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.