Project Manager II
|Date Opened||10/3/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,435.20 - $84,822.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Have a design or construction experience in water and wastewater collection, transmission and treatments systems.
Have experience in small and mid-sized water and wastewater projects ($5 - $10 million).
Have experience and ability to interpret the terms of contracts and construction conflict resolution.
Have CIP projects risk management, scheduling and budgeting experience.
Be self-motivated and have a proven track record of completing project on time and within budget.
Be customer service driven and possess excellent listening skills.
Engineer-in-Training Certification is required.
Preference will be given to candidates with Professional Engineer’s license in Florida.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university in Engineering; and
Four years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the ability to walk long distances outside in hot and cold weather on undeveloped sites, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting 40 pounds. sitting for up to 2 hours straight, and working safely around industrial and construction equipment.
50% to 70% of the duties are office related. This includes working on the computer, meetings, and training in a professional environment. 30 to 50% of the work takes place outside on treatment plant sites, active construction sites, and undeveloped sites, pre-construction.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Knowledge of project management theory, techniques and tools.
Ability to effectively coordinate resources and manage these resources to a successful project outcome.
Ability to analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical conclusions.
Skill in developing tracking systems to monitor work progress.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the particular agency/division/department to which they are assigned, individual employees may perform all or any of the duties described below.
- Performs project management work by managing, coordinating and implementing medium sized projects.Participates in the development of the scope of work.
- Establishes administrative procedures and guidelines to ensure effective project/program outcomes.
- Prepares contract drafts, requests for proposal and other related documents for review. Creates project schedules and controls resources to ensure timely completion of project.
- Prepares and/or monitors project budgets, monitors status of allocated funds and controls expenses.
- Coordinates with other sections and departments to ensure efficient flow of communications and services.
- Reviews and acts on project management, administrative, and operational problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.