Manager Real Property Section
|Date Opened||10/10/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,496.00 - $120,785.60/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor’s degree required from a 4-yr accredited university with a major in Real Estate, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Planning or other related field;
Ten years minimum experience in managing and coordinating complex real estate transactions and programs; seven years of which must have been at a supervisory/management level. Experience working at the federal, military, state or local government is extremely beneficial; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
Preference for professional real estate designations/certifications: MAI, CRE, CCIM
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
General Office duties, including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, lifting up to 25 lbs.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of property valuation, development costs and real estate finance.
- Knowledge of real estate appraisal, practices and procedures; land value and land use characteristics of Hillsborough County.
- Knowledge of laws (local, state, federal), regulations and procedures governing appraisal, eminent domain and the conveyance and disposition of real property.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions, metes and bounds, and related means of location property.
- Knowledge of public records and legal instruments relating to real estate transactions.
- Skilled in managing complex government real estate negotiations and transactions.
- Knowledge of the eminent domain process and requirements, and skilled in managing eminent domain projects.
- Knowledge of lease administration and vacating programs.
- Knowledge of Public-Private Partnership (P3) projects. Knowledge of contracting services, developing specifications and managing contracts.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and performance management.
- Knowledge of budget planning, development and management.
- Ability to review real estate appraisals to determine their validity.
- Ability to use various approaches to value to estimate fair market value of real property.
- Ability to develop new approaches to problem solving by assessing changing facts and conditions.
- Ability to analyze and solve highly intricate, technically complex problems impacting multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle delicate relationships and complex situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts to a diverse audience.
- Manage and direct professional staff that provides technical, appraisal and acquisition support for County projects, provides eminent domain support to County Attorney’s Office, provides lease administration functions and activities, and coordinates the vacating program.
- Manage professional services contracts, including but not limited to appraisal and acquisition services.
- Conduct negotiations and coordinate closings to acquire highly complex and politically sensitive real estate projects.
- Develop, implement and oversee the Section budget including efficient and effective management of human resources.
- Development and implementation of new guidelines to conduct business and enhance support and delivery of services to our clients.
- Plan and implement long and short term goals, objectives, and strategies to facilitate and manage effectiveness of integration of Acquisition and Technical Support Teams.
- Ensure coordination of lease administration program with the Architecture & Engineering Section in conjunction with the Strategic Facilities Plan.
- Seek out technologies and/or methodologies to management land acquisition workloads/workflows.
- Develop and implement innovative processes and procedures to enhance response to customer service request.
- Provide effective leadership through appropriate guidance, management and direction of supervisors.
- Prepares background summaries and analyses of projects – including land acquisition/value estimates – for Director’s use in negotiations and presentations to County Administration and Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
- Attend management staff and project status meetings; make presentations to BOCC and public.
- Direct activities of the department in the absence of the Director.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.