GIS Analyst (Public Works Employees Only)
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,838.40 - $46,363.00/year|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
An Associate's or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Geography, Urban or Regional Planning, Mathematics, Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting for extended periods of time in a standard office environment utilizing a computer 99% of time.
Cubicle setting in a climate-controlled office. This position may be required to be available to assist in emergency events such as hurricanes, tropical storms, etc. Overtime may be required to meet operational needs..
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Considerable knowledge of GIS computer database development and management.
Considerable knowledge of computerized cartographic/mapping hardware and software.
Considerable knowledge of computerized mapping symbols, standards and terminology.
Skill in the use and operation of computers and peripheral equipment such as digitizers, plotters and drafting instruments.
Ability to read and interpret aerial photographs, maps, deeds and legal descriptions.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Performs analysis of GIS data based on specified criteria and generates reports based on resulting data for use in projects, reports and decision making processes.
- Develops macros to generate reports from GIS databases.
- Maintains GIS databases; converts data from various sources for entry into databases; develops user instructions; and establishes and maintains related procedures and symbol set libraries.
- Designs project maps and databases; analyzes reports; and produces final prints using various types of plotters.
- Trains user staff and provides technical support in application of statistical and thematic mapping software.
- Serves as liaison with other County departments and outside agencies for effective system applications.
- Updates and corrects special project maps.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*