Executive Planner (Transportation Planning)
|Date Opened||10/5/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,110.40 - $79,060.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
A Master's Degree from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in Urban or Community Planning; and
Four years of experience as a community planner, three years of which was as a community planning project leader.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer
- Possession of a Professional Transportation Planner certification
- Possession of an American Institute of Certified Planner certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Primarily sitting at an office desk working on a computer.
Indoor, climate-controlled office environment
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge in one or more areas of transportation planning principles and practices (such as Highway Capacity Manual, Highway Safety Manual and Access Management Manual).
- Extensive specialized knowledge in one or more areas of comprehensive planning principles and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of laws and regulations governing comprehensive planning.
- Considerable knowledge of data collection methods and statistical analysis techniques.
- Skill in negotiating comprehensive planning policy agreements.
- Skill in the application of managerial techniques, including the performance evaluation process.
- Skill in making presentations to community groups, elected and appointed officials.
- Skill in the use of traffic analysis software applications.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage, plan, organize, staff, direct, control and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions, reports and presentations.
- Ability to use appropriate computer applications and supervise others in their use.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Review and apply transportation models and traffic analysis techniques.
- Manages and supervises the work of professional staff, by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling and evaluating performance.
- Manages the collection, analysis, and presentation of facts and trends for use in evaluating land development proposals and community growth and development plans, studies, and reports.
- Conceives, negotiates approval to undertake and manages the extraction of information to be used in studies and reports relating to land use, economic base, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, population, housing and neighborhood plans and programs.
- Manages the writing and interpretation of zoning, subdivision and other land development regulations.
- Manages the writing of future land use, transportation, community facility plans, and other comprehensive plans.
- Manages the analysis and presentation of data for use in the development of capital improvement plans and programs.
- Represents the organization at meetings with elected and appointed officials and interdepartmental and intergovernmental meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.