Program Coordinator (Claims Administration)
|Date Opened||9/29/2017 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,838.40 - $56,888.00/year|
|Department||Management & Budget, Risk Mgmt|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
This internal recruitment is restricted to all internal Hillsborough County staff, to include, full time, part time, classified, unclassified, probationary, temporary, and seasonal employees from all Hillsborough County Agencies.
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university; and
One year of experience directly related to the position duties.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Knowledge of organizational and program promotional methods and procedures relating to administrative support.
- Knowledge of budget management practices and procedures.
- Ability to organize programs and special events.
- Ability to monitor, oversee and provide guidance to volunteers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to maintain files and records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Ability to organize and to multi-task.
- Develops, organizes, establishes, and evaluates work processes to ensure delivery of program services and to fulfill program objectives. Reviews existing policies, procedures, and directives and recommends changes where necessary.
- Interprets/explains policies, processes, applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines specific to a program to resolve problems, answers program questions, and provides information and advice to current and potential program participants.
- Coordinates action where several organizational entities are involved and follows up to ensure that all details and requirements are met.
- Reviews program operations for compliance, identifies program strengths and weaknesses and areas of non-compliance, recommends corrective action, and instructs individuals and groups on proper methods and procedures for compliance with program regulations.
- Writes or revises procedural and training manuals and summary reports.
- Conducts orientation, training demonstrations, and presentations for individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to include determining work priorities and develops work schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
- Conducts customer/participant surveys to gather information on program services and customer satisfaction and provides continuous support to program participants to identify gaps in services.
- Assists in the development of the program budget, monitors expenditures and processes pre-approved expenditures; assists with preparing grant applications.
- Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions.
Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*