Refrigerant Air Conditioning Mechanic I
|Date Opened||8/31/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/15/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- An Apprentice License and EPA Certification and at least twelve (12) months of trade-related work experience.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
Completion of the tenth grade;
One year of experience assisting in the maintenance and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work off ladders, lifts and high areas
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to install equipment
- This position requires lifting and kneeling several times a day
- roof tops, attics
- high areas off ladders
- mechanical rooms
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of safety requirements.
- Some knowledge of refrigeration and air conditioning operating principles.
- Some knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation systems.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair boiler equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and understand job related material.
- Ability to read and understand basic mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Assists in installing, maintaining and repairing all types of refrigeration, airconditioning and ventilating equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walkin and chest type freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Assists in repairing, replacing and checking pressure relief valves.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*