Recreation Leader I (Temporary Summer Only)
|Date Opened||2/2/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Enjoy working outdoors for a long period of time
- Explore their creativity
- Working with children of all ages
This position is up to 10 weeks of employment during the summer only starting on May 30th through August 4th.
- Educational activities
- Outdoor activities
- Therapeutic activities
- Field Trips
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below;
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Lift, set up, take down and store tables, chairs and mats.
- Lift and carry water and ice coolers
- Indoor/outdoor In the sun for long periods of time
- Officiating sports activities
- Sweep and mop the facility
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Some knowledge of recreational programs, individual and team sports including rules strategy and equipment use.
- Some knowledge of sports safety requirements.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain recreational facilities and equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in a subtropical climate and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Conducts recreational programs to include individual and team activities, indoor and outdoor games and special programs.
- Teaches fair play, sportsmanship and maintains and enforces discipline and all established policies and procedures.
- Coaches and officiates team sports.
- Checks for safety and preventive maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Prepares and maintains recreational programs records and reports.
- Administers CPR and First Aid as needed.
- Issues recreational equipment and supplies.
- Submits equipment requisitions.
- May be required to work nonstandard duty hours.
- Assists in the implementation of recreational programs and coordination of social events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.