This position will oversee all aspects of Cape Henlopen State Park’s custodial needs. The Custodial Supervisor will lead the seasonal domestic cleaning crews and order all custodial supplies that are needed. Responsibilities will include working with the Maintenance Supervisor on custodial staff schedules. Applicants must be able to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all position in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Supervises a crew of seasonal custodian staff through positive leadership.
- Performs custodial services throughout park including bathhouses, offices, and other park buildings when needed.
- Works with and updates the Maintenance Supervisor of any and all issues that occur with the custodian staff.
- Maintains inventories and orders all domestic supplies for the park.
- Set-up, monitoring and clean-up support for park programs and special events.
- Provide general customer service and park information to visitors.
- Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability and good communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training. Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas.
- Six month experience of supervising staff or volunteers.
- Six month experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role.
- Possession of a valid driver's license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 4/15/17 upon filling the vacant positions.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
The application and resume are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.