This level represents technically advanced support of complex fiscal/financial/auditing functions. It is distinguished from the Technician level by work assignments broad in functional scope and/or requiring advanced technical knowledge, both of which require application of complex state or federal program laws, rules and regulations. Work encompasses the full range of activities as described in Essential Functions.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
Compute fiscal/financial transactions.
Classify and code fiscal/financial transactions.
Review to ensure compliance with required documentation, computations, codes, signatures, and rules/regulations.
Record fiscal/financial transactions to various financial information systems.
Interact with public/private sector to provide/obtain information.
Compile information/develop reports for use by others.
Monitor balances and report discrepancies.
Participate in recommending systems and forms enhancements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Accounting Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of an Associates degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Experience in accounting support which includes performing financial transactions such as classifying, computing, verifying, recording/posting, reconciling, audit/examination, summarizing financial data, and compiling reports.
- Experience in data collection which includes collecting, compiling and maintaining data from multiple sources such as files, records, databases, customers, staff or others.
- Experience in applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Experience in record keeping which includes maintaining records, logs, and filing systems.
- Experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
The application is evaluated based upon a rating of training and experience.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.