This position is responsible for field sales and marketing activities to support Lottery products within an assigned territory. Work includes providing training to retailers in sales and marketing techniques, operating procedures, and rules and regulations for selling lottery games. Representative monitors retailer sales activities and compliance with lottery rules and regulations in addition to arranging, setting-up and monitoring retailer promotions to maximize retailer sales potential. This position also identifies potential, new retail locations and resolves retailer and player complaints. The selected candidate will work in the New Castle/Wilmington area but must be flexible to work Kent or Sussex County if needed.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Performs marketing and sale of lottery products.
- Develops and implements incentive programs to maximize retailer sales potential. Monitors retailer sales activities.
- Provides training to retailers in sales and marketing techniques, operating procedures, rules and regulations for selling lottery games.
- Monitors retailer compliance with lottery rules and regulations.
- Arranges, sets-up and monitors retailer promotions.
- Provides resolution of retailer and player complaints.
- Coordinates field sales and marketing support activities performed by vendor staff.
- Identifies potential new retail locations. Coordinates new retailer recruitment efforts by vendor staff.
- Monitors vendor staff performance.
- Prepares a variety of reports.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Lottery Field Representative
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in public relations, media relations or communications such as establishing and promoting a positive image with the public, informing or influencing specific audiences through the use of internal and external communications such as public forums, journalism, writing, marketing, advertising, promotions, or special events.
- Six months experience in territory account management which includes developing and managing sales routes and traveling within an assigned geographic location visiting numerous retailer accounts.
- Six months experience in sales and marketing to retail outlets.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of presenting training courses using a variety of training methods such as lecture, structured exercises, role play or group discussion as well as the use of training materials such as overheads, PowerPoint, handouts or videos.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.