This position is exempt from the State of Delaware Merit System
|Closing Date||4/8/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Open Competitive|
|Agency||Department of Finance/Division of Accounting|
Webb Building: (820 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE, 19901)
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Provide leadership for financial management activities throughout state government.
• Establish and implement policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the statewide accounting and payroll systems. Advise the Cabinet Secretary and other senior officials on same.
• Lead the successful completion of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to ensure the State receives a clean audit and the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
• Manage the statewide payroll compliance functions, ensuring state organizations’ comply with state regulations and IRS regulations relative to payroll administration.
• Provide and present a comprehensive view of the State's financial condition through regular publishing of interim financial statements and the year-end CAFR.
• Provide analysis, forecasting and tracking of expenditures for consideration by DEFAC.
• Manage the State's accounting processes, certify the validity of transactions and coordinate accounting and other financial matters with key state organization fiscal personnel.
• Serves on the Department's leadership team in the development of strategies and action plans.
• Take a lead role in ensuring all aspects of government accounting are properly applied by state organizations’ chief financial officers, end users, and customers.
• Provide training and supportive resources to state organizations to facilitate the effective and compliant use of the state’s accounting system, financial reporting tools and payroll compliance functions.
• Manage hiring and succession planning to provide human resources to support the state’s critical financial functions reporting to this position.
• Partner with the Department of Technology and Information (DTI) and 0MB to maintain and enhance the state’s integrated enterprise resource planning system.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Division Director of Accounting
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
The application and resume are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.