This is the second level.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Installs, removes, repairs, modifies and aligns the state's communications systems and related equipment.
- Tests communications equipment for correct responses of frequency, voltage, RF power, sensitivity, and other related test.
- Uses a variety of specialized tools, test equipment and diagnostic tools to test, install, remove, repair, modify and align communications systems and electronic equipment.
- Attends schools for specialized training in communications systems.
- Keeps records of maintenance work, requisitioned parts, and related maintenance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Communications Systems Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least one year experience as a Communications Systems Technician OR at least two years experience in communications electronics.
- Six months experience in maintaining analog or digital radio transmitter and receiver systems.
- Six months experience in installing and replacing communications equipment such as analog, digital or two-way radios.
- Six months experience in using test equipment and diagnostic tools in troubleshooting analog or digital radio transmitter and receiver systems.
- Six months experience in isolating and repairing communications equipment to the board level.
- Six months experience in soldering components to the board level.
- Knowledge of applying FCC laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.