Associate Program Specialist
|Filing Deadline||5/1/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.03 - $37.52/hour; $56,222.40 - $78,041.60/year|
Permanent Full-Time Employment
|HR Analyst||Iona Childers|
THIS IS A NEW ASSEMBLED EXAMINATION. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended.
Applications must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Postmarks are not accepted. Applications will only be accepted online.
Supplemental Questionnaire: A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Applications will only be accepted online. Postmarks are not accepted. Failure to submit the Application or Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
Under close supervision, assist with providing technical programmatic services primarily related to program development and implementation; reviews and evaluates functions to direct client service delivery programs where such services are provided by community-based organizations (CBO’s), contract service providers and/or County staff in a wide variety of service areas; acts as County liaison with service providers and funding sources and ensures program regulations and procedures are followed; and, performs other related work as required.
Incumbents in the class of Associate Program Specialist are expected to gain experience and demonstrate proficiency which qualifies them to flexibly promote to the higher level class of Program Specialist after the equivalent of one year of full-time service. Appointment at the Associate Program Specialist level will not be extended beyond one year.
Please CLICK HERE for the full job description.
While the immediate vacancy for this position is within the Social Services Agency, please note that the eligible list resulting from this recruitment and selection process may be utilized for other future vacancies which may arise within the next year for this and other County Departments/Agencies.
The equivalent of two years of full-time experience in one of the following classes: Supervising Eligibility Technician; Health Educator II; or, Consumer/Family Relations Program Assistant in the Alameda County classified service. (Non-classified includes the District Attorney’s Office, Hospital Authority, and the Consolidated Courts).
The equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (180 quarter units or 120 semester units) with major coursework in business or public administration, a social science or field related to the program area to which assigned.
(Additional experience as outlined below may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.)
The equivalent of two years of full-time professional-level or supervisory work in the direct delivery of services to clients or the oversight of such services in the program area to which assigned, one year of which must have included program planning and evaluation, or in program administration, contract negotiations, grants management and similar financial services.
Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, social science or a field related to the program area to which assigned.
Specified positions may require possession of a valid California driver's license. Specified positions may also require licensure or certification in the programmatic area to which assigned.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies:NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and abilities are related to duties listed under the “Examples of Duties” section of this specification.
• Principles, practices, funding sources and administrative requirements in the program area to which assigned
• Principles and practices of direct client service delivery
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
• Computer applications related to the work
• Office administrative practices and procedures, including records management and the operation of standard office equipment
• Various resources, services, and other benefit programs administered by public and private entities related to the work
• Basic supervising principles and practices
• Plan, monitor and evaluate program and service delivery effectiveness in the programmatic area to which assigned
• Identify programmatic and operational problems, investigate and evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions
• Interpret, explain and apply complex regulations, policies and procedures
• Prepare clear, accurate and effective reports, correspondence, policies, informational brochures and other written materials
• Represent the department and the County in meetings with others and make effective presentations to diverse groups
• Organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
• Maintain accurate records and files
• Exercise sound independent judgment within established policies and guidelines
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
• Effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Research, compile and summarize varied information, evaluate alternatives and reach sound conclusions
THE EXAMINATION WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1) A review of candidates' applications, and question 1 of the Supplemental Questionnaire, to verify possession of minimum requirements. Those candidates who possess the minimum requirements for the class will move on to the next step in the examination process.
2) A review of candidates’ answers to questions 2 through 5 of the Supplemental Questionnaire to select the best qualified applicants to continue in the process.
3) An oral interview which will be weighted as 100% of the candidate's final examination score. The oral interview may contain situational exercises.
CANDIDATES MUST ATTAIN A QUALIFYING RATING ON EACH PORTION OF THIS EXAMINATION.
We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components.
Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness, and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments many be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work.
To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the “What You Need to Know” section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs.
Applicants will be informed via email with reasonable notice in advance of any examination process which will require their attendance. The following dates are tentative and subject to change based on the needs of the Agency:
TENTATIVE SELECTION PLAN
Deadline for Filing:
Monday, May 1, 2017
Review of Applications for Minimum Qualifications:
by Monday, May 15, 2017
Review of Supplemental Questionnaires for Best Qualified:
by Thursday, June 1, 2017
Week of June 19, 2017
*If designated as a combined oral examination/hiring interview, in addition to establishing an eligibility list, the oral interviews may serve as the final selection interview for vacancies in this classification.
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County’s Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statutes. To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date of filing. Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statutes.
For more information regarding our Reasonable Accommodation procedures, please visit our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall wellbeing. These benefits include but are not limited to*:
For your Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical – HMO & PPO Insurance
- Dental – PPO & DHMO Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage)
- County Allowance (Employer Credit)
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Financial Future
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan – (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
For your Work/Life Balance
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Group Legal
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please add @acgov.org and alamedacountyHR@acgov.org as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the 'My Applications' button on the Current Job Openings page.
Please take the steps recommended above to ensure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box alamedacountyHR@acgov.org are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the bulletin for the recruitment for which you have applied.
Iona Childers, Human Resources Analyst
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|