Physician III (Psychiatrist Option)
|Date Opened||2/26/2015 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/6/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$80.26 - $97.45/hour; $166,940.80 - $202,696.00/year|
Permanent Full-Time Employment
Permanent Part-Time Employment
|HR Analyst||Nicole Lewis-Bolton|
THE EXAMINATION: THIS IS A NEW CONTINUOUS EXAMINATION. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year but can be extended. This examination may be reopened as necessary and the names of additional candidates merged onto the existing list according to examination score. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON-LINE
A Properly Completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Only completed applications and Supplemental Questionnaires in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing (THIS EXAM MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME) will be accepted. Postmarks are not accepted. Failure to apply by the last day for filing and/or failure to submit a supplemental questionnaire by the last day for filing will result in disqualification.
HEALTH CARE SERVICES AGENCY
Alameda County's Health Services Program is administered by the Health Care Services Agency and includes the following program areas: Behavioral Health Care, Public Health, Environmental Health, and Agency Administration/Indigent Health. The ultimate mission of the Health Care Services Agency is to provide fully integrated health care services through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships that ensure optimal health and well-being and respect the diversity of all residents. Health Care Services Agency currently has multiple career opportunities for experienced licensed professionals to become part of a service delivery team dedicated to the optimal health and well-being of Alameda County residents.
The Alameda County Health Care Services Agency - Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) Department is currently seeking to fill several part-time and full-time Physician III positions with Board Certified, licensed psychiatrists. Under the administrative and clinical direction of the BHCS Primary Care Psychiatric Consultation Program (PCPCP), the psychiatric incumbents provide consultative, diagnostic and specialized services to primary care providers and behavioral health care specialists working in Alameda Health Consortium-affiliated primary care clinics. These newly established positions will assist with the implementation of a new program designed to facilitate the development of an integrated healthcare system, providing assistance to primary care clinics moving towards Patient Centered Medical Home Certification.
This class is located in the Health Care Services Agency and may report to a Medical Director for clinical direction and to an Administrative Supervisor for general administrative direction. The incumbents provide specialized medical or psychiatric services to patients/clients, families and/or groups. The Physician III is distinguished from the Physician II class in that the latter provides general medical services. This class is further distinguished from the next higher class of Physician IV in that the latter class supervises a multidisciplinary team including professional, para-professional, and/or support staff.
The department has existing part-time and full-time vacancies in the Psychiatric Consultation & Primary Care, program as well as vacancies in mental health outpatient clinics and the Juvenile Justice Center, and the Shreiber Center.
Psychiatrist vacancies exist in County-operated outpatient clinics and the Juvenile Justice Center, Schreiber Center, and also an administrative psychiatrist position which will develop and maintain policies and procedures for reviewing JV 220’s for the court for dependents and wards of the Court. Incumbents in these positions provide specialty psychiatric services to individuals, families and groups; provide psychiatric diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients, and as part of a multidisciplinary team, participate in treatment planning; also provide psychiatric consultation to clinic staff and others and performs other related services as required.
For a detailed listing of the duties and essential competency requirements for this position, please see the complete job description for Physician III.
License: Possession of a license to practice medicine in the State of California.
1. In compliance with the Administrative Simplification provision of the Health Insurance and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), employees in this classification are required to possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number prior to their first day on the job.
2. In compliance with Medicare regulations, employees in this classification are required to complete the "Medicare Enrollment Process for Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners" through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, prior to their first day on the job. Active enrollment in Medicare is a condition of employment. Failure to attain or maintain active enrollment will result in termination.
3. Psychiatric Option Specialty Designation: Positions designated with a psychiatric option require successful completion of a four year residency in Psychiatry.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Current developments, trends, and research in the medicine/ psychiatry field
• Principles and practices of a specialized medical/psychiatric area
• Principles, practices and techniques of medicine and its application
• Pharmacology/psychopharmacology including law regarding informed consent, dosage ranges, drug incompatibilities, and side effects
• Medical/Psychiatric diagnosis and treatment
• Principals, practices and techniques of clinical supervision
• Documentation requirements
• HIPPA regulations
• Medical ethics as they relate to patient/client care
• Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans
• Diagnose and treat patients/clients
• Assist in the planning and coordination of medical specialty services
• Clinically supervise licensed and professional staff
• Serve on multidisciplinary teams
• Maintain medical records and prepare reports
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients/clients, families, staff and others
THE EXAMINATION STEPS:
1. Review of the applications and supplemental questionnaires to verify minimum qualifications.
2. The applications and Supplemental Questionnaires of those candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the class will be placed on the eligible list based on an evaluation of education, training, and experience. Candidates must attain a qualifying rating on each portion of this examination.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED EXAMINATION STEPS.
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:
For your Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical – HMO & PPO Insurance
- Dental – PPO & DHMO Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage)
- County Allowance
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Financial Future
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan – (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
For your Work/Life Balance
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Group Auto/Home
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please add @acgov.org and alamedacountyHR@acgov.org as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the “My applications” button on the Current Job Openings page.
Please take the steps recommended above to insure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box alamedacountyHR@acgov.org are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the bulletin for the recruitment for which you have applied.
Nicole Lewis-Bolton, Human Resources Analyst II
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda
(510) 272-6468 • email@example.com
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer