Registered Nurse II
|Salary||$40.96 - $50.55/hour; $85,196.80 - $105,144.00/year|
Permanent Full-Time Employment
|HR Analyst||Amanda Hui|
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE BULLETIN ---
THIS IS A REOPENING OF AN EXISTING EXAMINATION. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE II (14-5305-01) READ THIS ENTIRE BULLETIN FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REAPPLY FOR THIS RECRUITMENT.
The scores and dispositions of candidates for this examination will be merged with previous exam participants. If you are currently on the list and you choose to reapply you will forfeit your current rank and score. Your new score/disposition will replace your current score and rank. In order to reapply for this position, please contact Amanda Hui at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org to have your previous application released back to you.
THIS IS A REOPENING OF AN EXAMINATION. The eligible list resulting from this examination will be merged with the scores from the previous list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON-LINE
A Properly Completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing (THIS EXAM MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME). Postmarks are not accepted. Failure to apply by the last day for filing and/or failure to submit a supplemental questionnaire by the last day for filing will result in disqualification.
Alameda County's Health Services Program is administered by the Health Care Services Agency and includes the following program areas: Behavioral Health Care, Public Health, Environmental Health, and Agency Administration/Indigent Health. The ultimate mission of the Health Care Services Agency is to provide fully integrated health care services through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships that ensure optimal health and well-being and respect the diversity of all residents. Health Care Services Agency currently has multiple career opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of a service delivery team dedicated to the optimal health and well being of Alameda County residents.
For more information about the Health Care Services Agency, please visit the Agency's website and/or Annual Budget Document found on www.acgov.org.
Under general supervision, to provide a variety of nursing care services, case management, treatment plan, teaching, counseling and referral to clients and families in a home and/or community setting, to provide nursing assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation; coordinates care with other health care providers, professionals and other agencies and community representatives; to assist in the prevention of communicable diseases; and to perform related duties as required.
- Possession of a current and valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Some positions may require possession of a current and valid Public Health Nurse (PHN) Certificate issued by the State of California
- Some positions may require a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
1. In compliance with the Administrative Simplification provision of the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), employees in this classification are
required to possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number prior to their first day on the
2. In Compliance with Medicare regulations, employees in this classification are required to
complete the "Medicare Enrollment Process for Physicians and non-Physician Practitioners"
through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of
Health and Human Services, prior to their first day on the job. Active enrollment in Medicare
is a condition of employment. Failure to attain or maintain active enrollment will result in
For Level II
The equivalent of six months of full-time experience as a Registered Nurse I in the Alameda County classified service. (Non-classified includes District Attorney's Office, Hospital Authority, and the Consolidated Courts.)
The equivalent of one year of full-time recent experience with the last five years at a comparable level as a Registered Nurse in a clinical and/or public health setting.
Some positions may require one (1) year of experience in a specialty area.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Theories, principles, procedures, techniques, standards and practices of public health nursing.
• Anatomy, physiology, chemistry, pharmacology, growth and development, medical surgical nursing, nutrition, community health, and population based communities.
• Principles and practices of the nursing process.
• Wellness to illness continuum.
• Nursing procedures, techniques, equipment and supplies.
• Contact investigation and infection control principles.
• Health systems, agencies, and patterns of referral.
• Major disease conditions, current prevention techniques, therapies, and treatments.
• Community resources and health systems.
• Collaborative health planning with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Principles and practices of effective organization.
• Computer applications related to the work.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Teach and counsel patients, families, and staff.
• Exercise independent judgment.
• Interpret data.
• Analyze, evaluate and draw logical conclusions.
• Respond effectively to emergency situations.
• Exercise interpersonal sensitivity to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, other agencies and the public.
• Practice effective nursing in diverse/multicultural environments.
• Plan, organize and prioritize.
• Make effective use of available materials and human resources.
• Provide safe, effective and efficient nursing care.
THE EXAMINATION WILL CONSIST of the following steps:
1. A review of the candidates’ applications to verify possession of minimum requirements. Those candidates who possess the minimum requirements for the class will move on to the next step in the examination process.
2. A screening of applications and/or Supplemental Questionnaires to select the best qualified candidates. Those selected will move on to the final step in the examination process.
3. Those candidates who have passed the Supplemental Questionnaire screening for the class will be placed on the eligible list based on an evaluation of education, training, and expertise.
Candidates must attain a qualifying rating on each portion of this examination. We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination steps.
Tentative Selection Schedule:
Last Day of Filing - Open until filled
Review of Minimum Qualifications and Supplemental Questionnaire - ongoing
Department Hiring Interview - (TBD)
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County’s Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statutes. To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date of filing. Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statutes.
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:
For your Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical – HMO & PPO Insurance
- Dental – PPO & DHMO Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage)
- County Allowance
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Financial Future
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan – (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
For your Work/Life Balance
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Group Auto/Home
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please add @acgov.org and alamedacountyHR@acgov.org as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the "My applications" button on the Current Job Openings page.
Please take the steps recommended above to insure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box alamedacountyHR@acgov.org are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the bulletin for the recruitment for which you have applied.
Human Resource Technician
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|