2574 Clinical Psychologist
|Filing Deadline||12/21/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$83,174.00 - $101,088.00/year|
Appointment Type: Permanent and Provisional applicants are encouraged to apply. Provisional applicants must participate in a Civil Service examination for this job classification to become permanent.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health's CBHS/CYF Chinatown Child Development Center(part time position) is accepting applications for one (1) part time positions in class 2574 Clinical Psychologist.
crisis intervention, neuropsychological assessment, psycho-diagnostic examinations, psychotherapy and behavioral management of emotionally disturbed, mentally ill and/or, developmentally disabled children, adults, and/or families, substance abusers and individuals suffering from situational stress, and individuals with neurological impairment;
preparation of psychological reports;
psychological consultation services to psychiatrists, other physicians, hospital-based interdisciplinary teams, social workers, nurses, teachers, probation officers, judges, referees and allied professional persons;
participation in program evaluation and psychological research;
serving on committees;
supervision of psychology trainees;
performs other related duties as required.
1a. Possession of a valid license in psychology issued by the California Board of Psychology as defined in Chapter 6.6 of the Business and Professions Code; Psychology Licensing Law, Sections 2900-2903, 2914; OR
1b. Possession of a Ph.D. degree in Clinical Psychology or a doctoral degree deemed equivalent by the Psychology Examining Committee in accordance with Section 2914 of the Psychology Licensing Law; and completion of 1,500 clock hours pre or post doctoral internship in Clinical Psychology, supervised academically performing psychological examinations, diagnoses, and psychotherapy in a clinic, hospital, correctional institution, rehabilitation or diagnostic center.
The part time position at CBHS/CYF/Chinatown Child Development Center requires Chinese language fluency(Cantonese and Mandarin) and Pediatric experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All qualified candidates who have been selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
* Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
* Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
* Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
* Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications shall result in the termination of employment.
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process by registering an account.
Click and select the desired job announcement
Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
Click on “I am a New User” or “I have Registered Previously”
Follow instructions given on the screen
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Nancy Lim Yee, LCSW, via email at Nancy.LimYee@sfdph.org or by phone at 415.392.4453;
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For assistance by staff, you need to get there no later than 4:30 P.M.
Verification of education, certification/training and/or qualifying experience may be required prior to appointment. When requested, Verification (proof) of education, licensure and/or certification, must be submitted. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in ineligibility for the recruitment.
Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and County of San Francisco must submit written verification of such experience as described above. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver in a timely manner may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include evaluation of application materials in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: “Attn: Class 2574 Clinical Psychologist” on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
5. Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this process must contact the analyst by phone (415) 206-5424 (voice) or, if hearing-impaired, (415) 557-4810 (TDD).
Issued: December 7, 20112
Team DPH/HD (415) 206-5424
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.