2303 Patient Care Assistant
|Date Opened||12/14/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/28/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.73 - $25.18/hour|
CLASS 2303 PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Provisional
Provisional appointee must be successful in the Civil Service examination for this classification in order to be considered for permanent appointment. Provisional appointments may not exceed three years.
San Francisco General Hospital - Nursing Administration’s Lift Team is currently accepting applications for two (2) part-time positions in class 2303 Patient Care Assistant.
PATIENT/CLIENT POPULATION: infant-toddler, pre-school child and school-age child, adolescents, adults, and elderly adults.
The essential job functions for members of the Lift Team include:
- Collecting data such as vital signs;
- Assisting patients with
- mobilization comfort measures,
- tasks and procedures,
- quality improvement activities,
- physical care (e.g. hygiene),
- treatment (e.g. dressings, catheter care),
- specimen collection (e.g. urine, stool, sputum, emesis),
- transporting ICU patients for procedures,
- Operating equipment (e.g. intercom, Hoyer Lift, Andermac lift and cardiac chair);
- Maintaining stock and inventory;
- Cleaning and monitoring equipment; and
- Performing related duties as required.
1. Six (6) months of verifiable experience as a health care worker within the last five (5) years working in a health care setting; AND
2. Possession of a current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate.
· One (1) year experience as a PCA/CNA in an acute care hospital MedSurg Unit.
· Ability to lift at least fifty (50) lbs.
· Ability to use lift equipment such as Hoyer Lift, Andermac Lift and cardiac chair.
· Flexibility in floating between units and shifts.
· Ability to push a loaded gurney.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Eligibles who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” or “I have previously registered”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement, and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses. (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding these positions, please contact:
Terry Dentoni, MSN, RN, Nursing Director
via email at Terry.Dentoni@sfdph.org
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATE:
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying experience and proof of certifications at any point in the application, examination and/or departmental selection process.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
- Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
- Remember to indicate: Attn: Class 2303 Patient Care Assistant on all correspondence.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Issued: December 14, 2012
Announcement No.: TPV-2303- 059836
Team DPH/LL (415) 206-5417 (1119613/1119614)
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.