9924 Public Service Aide
|Date Opened||11/9/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.21 - $17.21/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Under general supervision, the 9924 Public Service Aide performs a wide variety of non-nursing support duties related to the services provided throughout the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Applicants will be required to meet guidelines as established for each program.
The Department of Public Health’s Human Resources Department is accepting applications for as-needed, non-benefited position(s) in class 9924 Public Service Aide at San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center.
SHIFT: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. These positions may require night, weekend and/or holiday work.
Note: Due to the operational needs of the department, these position (s) may be designated to work at any of three (3) DPH Human Resources Department locations: San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center (SFGHTC), Laguna Honda Hospital (LHH), and/or Central Office (CO) – 101 Grove Street. These positions are limited to a maximum duration of 1040 hours in a fiscal year.
Under direct supervision, the Public Service Aide performs a variety of clerical support functions. The essential job functions include:
Perform a high volume of filing and retrieving personnel related documentation;
Prepare and distributes mass mailings, collects and distributes mail;
Perform typing, and routine data entry;
Operate various pieces of office equipment including: copier, fax, shredder, communications devices (telephone and voicemail), computer (using the Microsoft Office Suite, email, and other HR related programs);
Manage, maintain, and retrieve electronic files;
Answer telephone, take messages accurately, and direct calls appropriately;
Maintain records, manuals and update resource materials;
Assist personnel staff with various high volume projects;
Perform other related duties as assigned/required.
1. Possession of six(6) months of clerical and customer service experience in an office environment; AND
2. An Associate's Degree or completion of equivalent college units from an accredited college or university.
Recent experience compiling and maintaining personnel records.
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Detail orientation and excellent organization skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and general office equipment.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Strong organizational skills in performing duties effectively, efficiently, and productively.
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only.
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” or “I have previously registered”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Yvette Gamble, Departmental Personnel Officer, Operations
via phone at: 415.206.5528
Also, please note that computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
VERIFICATION (proof) OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
Verification of experience, education, and/or licensure to meet minimum requirements is required at the time of filing. Failure to provide verification may result in disqualification from the selection process.
To submit verification documents:
Upload the document(s) through JobAps by clicking the “Upload Resume” on the “Resume” tab with your on-line application. You will be allowed to title the file(s) according to the content(s); OR
scan and email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send via fax at: (415) 206-5668.
Send via mail: Public Service Aide – TEX-9924-059658 Verification, San Francisco General Hospital Human Resources Services, 2789 25th Street, 3rd. Floor, San Francisco, CA 94110.
Verification of education, licensure, or certification: Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree, diploma and/or transcript from an accredited college or school as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in rejection of the application.
Verification of experience: Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver in a timely manner may result in rejection of the application.
1. Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training or other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination. 3. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of their application materials as they might be required to produce it later and once submitted it is not returnable to the applicant. 4. Remember to indicate Class TEX-9924-059658 Public Service Aide on all correspondence. Entrance Issued November 9, 2012 Announcement #: TEX-9924-059658 Team DPH/HD - 415.206.5424 Position#: 01074882
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of their application materials as they might be required to produce it later and once submitted it is not returnable to the applicant.
4. Remember to indicate Class TEX-9924-059658 Public Service Aide on all correspondence.
Issued November 9, 2012
Announcement #: TEX-9924-059658
Team DPH/HD - 415.206.5424
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.