9504 Permit and Citation Clerk
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||1/23/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/29/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.01 - $32.84/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited.
Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill two vacant positions in this classification.
9504 Permit and Citation Clerk
Division: Finance and Information Technology
Section/Unit: Citations and Parking Permit
Under immediate supervision, the 9504 Permit and Citation Clerk performs routine clerical work in processing and receiving payments for parking citations, transit fare evasion citations and other transit-related citations; issuing residential parking permits; sales for transit or parking related products; reviewing protests of citations; and performing related duties as assigned.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
- Issues Residential Parking Permits; accepts payments for parking citations, transit fare evasion citations and other transit-related citations in compliance with departmental policies and procedures; sales for transit or parking related products; reviews protests of citations.
- Receives and accounts for large amounts of cash, check, and credit card payments from the collection of fees and fines, calculates and provides accurate change, including balancing cash drawer and preparing daily cash reconciliation; processes checks and credit card or debit card payments.
- Explains existing administrative policies governing the activities of the section to the general public and other City personnel.
- Reviews customer citation problems and/or citation protests, determines appropriate actions, and provides options to the customer; determines eligibility and processes simple contracts for Project 20 and other applicable programs.
- Disseminates information and responds to routine inquiries by communicating effectively, in written and oral form, with the public and City personnel.
- Reviews and checks customer account history and documents for completeness, accuracy and eligibility; performs data entry to update customer account history in the computer database; enters appropriate notations in customer file.
- Operates office equipment, including calculators, photocopying equipment, adding machines, computer terminals, fax machines, credit card machines, cashiering machines, counterfeit bill machines, document shredders, printers, phone system and reporting equipment.
- Processes mail: opens, time stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail; stuffs and seals envelops.
- Files, maintains, and retrieves electronic and paper documents, records and correspondence in accordance with established records retention procedures.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. One (1) year of verifiable full time clerical experience providing information to customers, responding to questions and complaints from the public, and preparing letters, memos and maintaining variety of reports. Six (6) months of the above experience must have included handling cash and receiving money, processing checks and credit/debit card payments, applying payments to appropriate customer accounts and reconciling daily collections within the last five (5) years.
How To Apply:
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
- Click and select 9504 Permit and Citation Clerk (TEX-9504-M00017)
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
- Follow instructions given on the screen.
Computer kiosks are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to file online applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco and in the lobby of SFMTA Human Resources office, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by e-mail. It is their responsibility to ensure that their registered e-mail address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfmta.com).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by the SFMTA - Merit Section. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at 415.701.5046 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Applicants may be required to submit verification (proof) of qualifying experience and education at a later date. Verification of experience, if requested, must be on the employer’s letterhead and must show the name of the applicant, job title(s), duties, dates of service, and must be signed by the employer. City employment may be verified by submitting a performance evaluation in lieu of other verification. City and county employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. Verification may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver when requested will result in disqualification.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at 415.701.5046 or 415.701.5043 (TTY); or in writing to: SFMTA Human Resources, Merit Section, 1 South Van Ness, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. For further information, contact 415.701.5046.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.