2416 Laboratory Technician II
|Date Opened||11/21/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.50 - $29.79/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Exempt, as needed, non-benefited.
LOCATION OF POSITION(S):
San Francisco Department of Health, Public Health Laboratory, is accepting applications for as needed, non-benefited position(s) in class 2416 Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant.
Under supervision, the Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant processes specimens for microbiological examination and assists in maintaining quality control.
Essential duties include:
Reviewing and checking specimens for data entry;
Entering data into computer database;
Preparing culture media, reagents and glassware;
Sterilizing and distributing laboratory supplies;
May assist in the performance of microbiological examinations;
Performs related duties as required.
Note: the applicant pool from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies up to six months from the time this recruitment closes.
1. One (1) year (2,000 hours) experience within the last five (5) years performing duties comparable to those of a Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant as specified above; OR
2. Successful completion of two (2) college laboratory courses in Chemistry or Biological Science. OR
3. Six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years performing duties comparable to those of a Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant as specified above AND successful completion of a college laboratory Course in Chemistry or Biological Science. The courses could be any of the following: Chemistry, Biology, Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, Biochemisty, Microbiology, Modecular Biology, Biological Chemistry, Physical Chemistry).
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only.
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” or “I have previously registered”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the hiring manager, Dr. Mark Pandori, by phone at 415.554.2800 or via email at:firstname.lastname@example.org
VERIFICATION (PROOF) OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
Verification of experience, education, and/or licensure to meet minimum requirements is required at the time of filing. Failure to provide verification may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Verification of education, licensure, or certification: Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in rejection of the application.
Verification of experience: Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver in a timely manner may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
1. Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training or other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination. 3. Remember to indicate TEX-2416-059722 Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant on all correspondence. 4. Applicants are encouraged to keep a copy of their applicaiton materials for their own files. ENTRANCE Issued: November 21, 2012 Team DPH/HD/206.5424 Position #: 01101183
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate TEX-2416-059722 Bacteriological Laboratory Assistant on all correspondence.
4. Applicants are encouraged to keep a copy of their applicaiton materials for their own files.
Issued: November 21, 2012
Position #: 01101183
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.