2328 Nurse Practitioner
|Date Opened||1/18/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/1/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$62.18 - $88.03/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
CLASS 2328 NURSE PRACTITIONER
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: As Needed Temporary Exempt
NOTE: Qualified applications will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
LOCATION: Vacancies may be located in departments within:
- San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center
- Department of Public Health’s citywide clinics
LOCATION ADDRESS SPECIALTY OPEN CLOSE
Orthopedic 1001 Potrero Ave Adult Feb. 1, 2013 Feb. 22, 2013
Rape Treatment Center 1001 Potrero Ave Forensic Feb. 12, 2013 March 1, 2013
Under general nursing and medical direction, utilizing standardized procedures, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions within an organized system for the delivery of health care in association with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team and performs specialized nurse practitioner/physician assistant duties in clinical settings. The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manages patient care within the assigned field of specialization in collaboration with the physician;
- Provides health education and counseling to patients and/or caregivers;
- Maintains medical records;
- Participates in nursing and clinic staff meetings and conferences, as well as quality improvement/control activities;
- May supervise/review the work of medical staff and clinical auxiliary personnel according to hospital, health center and/or clinic structure;
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. RN License: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
2. NP License: Possession of a valid California Nurse Practitioner (NP) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
3. EDUCATION: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university; AND
4. CERTIFICATION: Possession of national board certification, or eligibility, as a Nurse Practitioner issued by one of the following recognized national certifying body or organization:
· American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
o PO Box 12926, Austin, TX 78711
o (512) – 442-5202
· American Nurses Association – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
o 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492
· Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
o 800 S. Frederick Ave. Suite 204, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-4152
· National Certification Corporation(NCC) for the Women’s Health Care and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
o PO Box 11082, Chicago, IL 60611-0082
5. SPECIALTY AREA REQUIREMENTS – see Table below
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP, or Acute Care NP.
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP, or Women’s Health NP; AND
The ability to secure Security Clearance from the SF Sheriff’s Department.
Eligibles appointed to these positions will be required to obtain the security clearance directly from the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department prior to start work date, which may involve the ability to pass a background investigation. Valid security clearance must be maintained throughout the length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid security clearance on or before start work date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP or Acute Care NP;
Possession of a Furnishing and dispensing number (or ability to pass the credential process within 90 days of hire);
Possession of a valid Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association.
Specialization as Family NP.
Long Term Care/Geriatric
Specialization as Gerontological NP.
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP, Occupational Health NP; AND
Completion of coursework in Occupational Health; OR
Minimum of six (6) months (equivalent to 1,000 hours) of Occupational Health experience.
Specialization as Family NP or Pediatric NP.
Specialization as Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health NP or Family Psychiatric and Mental Health NP;
One (1) year (equivalent to 2,000 hours) of experience as a Registered Nurse on a psychiatric inpatient unit, psychiatric emergency service clinic or mental health center.
Forensic/Medical Services (amended Nov. 2012)
Specialization as a Family NP, Adult NP, Women’s Health NP, or Pediatric NP.
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP, or Acute Care NP;
Possession of a valid Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association.
Specialization as Family NP, Adult NP or Women’s Health NP.
Eligible Billable Provider Condition of Employment:
All qualified candidates who are selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
· Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
· Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
· Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR
o Have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to the start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of the employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout their length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications may result in the termination of employment.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement/Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate, issued by the American Heart Association, is required as a provision for all positions. Eligibles who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment.
A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate or show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only.
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” or “I have previously applied.”
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Lillian Louie, Senior Personnel Analyst
Via email at Lillian.Louie@sfdph.org or via phone at 415-206-5417
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE AND EXPERIENCE:
Verification may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer’s letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative.
City employees do not need to submit verification of City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and County of San Francisco must submit written verification of such experience as described above.
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include an evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements of the specialty area. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements of the specialty area applied for are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Information regarding California Nurse Practitioner licensure may be obtained by contacting the California Board of Registered Nursing at www.rn.ca.gov
2. Valid Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner licenses and CPR certification must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate or show proof of this may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
3. Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
4. Reasonable Accommodation Request:
Information on requesting reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#reasonableaccommodation
5. General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=1709 or via paper copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
6. Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
7. Medical Examination:
Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
Human Resources Director, DHR
COMBINED ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIVE
Issued: November 30, 2012
LIST ID NO.: TEX-2328-059730
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.