9179 Manager V, Municipal Transportation Agency
Livable Streets Subdivison - Manager of Innovation and Analysis
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||12/17/2010 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2011 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$118,326.00 - $151,034.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited.
Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
9179 Manager V, SFMTA
Livable Streets Subdivision – Manager of Innovation and Analysis
Amended to reflect the revised minimum qualifications
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
Filing Deadline: Open Until Filled. May close at any time. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
This position manages two teams within the Livable Streets Subdivision of Sustainable Streets: Analysis & Coordination, and Innovation. The Manager V will direct the development of new policies and guidelines for bicycle, pedestrian and traffic calming measures, including a regional bicycle sharing program. The incumbent will represent the division and subdivision with other divisions, agencies and institutions and will set funding priorities for the Subdivision in collaboration with other Livable Streets managers. This position reports to the Livable Streets Subdivision Manager.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
- Direct the work of approximately 14 staff, plus part-time interns, through performance planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent SFMTA, Sustainable Streets and the Livable Streets Subdivision and serve as a liaison to advocacy and community groups, policymakers and other departments.
- Direct fund programming for all Livable Streets grants and projects totaling more than $25 million.
- Work with Sustainable Streets senior management to ensure that Livable Streets has necessary resources including technology, staff, and materials to accomplish the goals of the Subdivision.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college;
- At least six years of experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning or transportation funding.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Extensive knowledge of modern management techniques.
- Knowledge of budget management and project delivery.
- Knowledge of the transportation sector.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse workforce
How To Apply:
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. Résumé and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications must be attached to the application.
Resumé and cover letter can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- fax to (415) 581-5120; or
- attach to the online application in the “Other” tab; or
- e-mail to the examination analyst at email@example.com with the subject “9179 Manager of Innovation and Analysis”; or
- hand-deliver to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor (closes at 5pm); or
- mail to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor; ATTN: 9179 Section Manager, Analysis and Innovation, San Francisco, CA 94103 (postmark not accepted).
* Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
* Choose “9179 Manager V, Municipal Transportation Agency” from the list of job opportunities (PEX-)
* Click “Apply” located under the position salary information and acknowledge the information
* Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have Registered Previously”
* Follow instructions given on the screen
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by the SFMTA - Merit Section. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at 415-701-5040 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at 415-701-5040 or 415-701-5043 (TTY); or in writing to: SFMTA Human Resources, Merit Section, 1 South Van Ness, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. For further information, contact 415-701-5040.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.