5502 Project Manager I
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||11/5/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/4/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$117,494.00 - $117,494.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited.
Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
Amended to reflect a change in the filing deadline
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
Filing Deadline: Open until filled. Interested applicants should file immediately as this recruitment could close at any time.
This position is located in San Francisco. This position has rotating schedules which may require working extensive weekends and nights on an as-needed basis.
Under administrative direction, the Project Manager I will plan, organize, direct and manage the projects from concept, through design and construction, to final closeout.
Woods Division Lifts Replacement: Phases I and II of the Woods Lift Replacement Project (CPT 372) have been combined. This new project will correct various designs and operational problems and existing lifts and provide for the servicing and maintenance of alternatively-fueled motor coaches. Between a minimum of ten and twenty-three in-ground lifts will be replaced with new, self-contained in-ground lifts.
ATCS SMC Software Platform Upgrade: This project will upgrade the hardware and software of the System Management Center (SMC), a subsystem of the Advanced Train Control System (ATCS). In addition, this project will replace certain train management functionality that will be lost when the existing legacy train control system is removed.
Sunset Tunnel Trackway Improvement: This project will replace the existing track and overhead contact wire system in the Sunset Tunnel. It will also replace the lighting the length of the tunnel.
Duboce Portal Trackwork Replacement: This project will replace worn track and timber vehicle barriers.
1. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or planning plus four (4) years of responsible architectural, engineering or construction management experience; OR
2. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in another field, plus six (6) years of responsible experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
3. Eight (8) years of architectural, engineering, or construction management experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
4. California registration as professional engineer or architect; AND
5. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to complete work efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Knowledge of the need to understand the schedule constraints and what elements should be included in the project scope.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills that are critical to obtaining approvals and managing the budget, schedule, and multidisciplinary engineering, procurement, and construction teams.
- Understanding of engineering and/or project management principles, contract law, budgeting, negotiations, planning, supervising others, and experience making public presentations.
Supplemental Statement: Applicants must attach a supplemental statement with their application explaining how and/or why you qualify for this position (limit your response to one page) and what desirable qualifications you possess. This supplemental statement will be used to assess your qualifying experience. Failure to submit the supplemental statement, along with your application and resume will result in disqualification.
Verification: Verification of education and qualifying experience may be required at a later date.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit an online application. The supplemental statement and resume can be attached to the online application in the “Other” tab. If you have difficulty submitting the supplemental statement and resume online with your application, the supplemental statement and resume can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- fax to (415) 581-5120; or
- hand-deliver to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.); or
- mail to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. Attn: 5502 Project Manager I (PEX-5502-M00020).
* Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process
* Choose “5502 Project Manager I” (PEX-5502-M00020) from the list of job opportunities
* Click “Apply” located under the position salary information and acknowledge the information
* Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have Registered Previously”
* Follow instructions given on the screen
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by the SFMTA - Merit Section. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 701-5009 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at (415) 701-5009 or (415) 701-5043 (TTY); or in writing to: SFMTA Human Resources, Merit Section, 1 South Van Ness, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. For further information, contact (415) 701-5009.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.