Filing Deadline: Open until filled. Interested applicants should file immediately as this recruitment could close at any time.
LOCATION: The positions are located in San Francisco. These positions have a rotating schedule which may require working extensive weekends and nights on an as-needed basis. Additionally, working in confined spaces, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, driving, and exposure to noise, fumes, and inclement weather may also be required.
PROJECT DESIGN/POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under administrative direction of the Deputy Director, the Project Manager I will be responsible for managing, funding and coordinating various Transportation Demand Management (“TDM”) strategies, including:
A. TDM for SFMTA Employees: The project is to work with SFMTA employees to reduce the proportion of staff driving alone to work sites throughout the city. In line with the City’s Climate Action Plan, various incentives and matching services will be used to encourage ridesharing, vanpooling, telecommuting and other innovative tools.
B. TDM Citywide Project: Working with the various types of trip generators (employers, shopping centers, civic and cultural institutions, schools, etc.), the project is to develop additional Transportation Management Agencies throughout the city to tailor programs and develop incentives to reduce the share of single occupancy vehicle trips and commercial trips into and within San Francisco. Tools to be used include ridesharing, car sharing, bicycling, taxi and transit services coordination, parking coordination working with SFpark, parking operators, and commercial vehicle needs. The project will also include SFMTA coordination of TDM policies for new and existing developments.
C. TDM for Public and Private Shuttles: The project is to coordinate the various public and private shuttles operating within San Francisco. The project will identify incentives and solutions to develop a SFMTA certified partners program to coordinate the shuttles with goal to improve mobility options and augment the existing transit system.
D. TDM Pilots: In order to improve sustainable travel options in San Francisco, the project will identify various pilots to determine their impact on personal travel experiences, congestion, and greenhouse gas reduction. The pilots will be prioritized on their ability to reduce single vehicle occupancy and commercial trips in a cost effective manner.
E. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or planning plus four (4) years of responsible architectural, engineering or construction management experience; OR
2. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in another field, plus six (6) years of responsible experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
3. Eight (8) years of architectural, engineering, or construction management experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
4. California registration as professional engineer or architect; AND
5. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to complete work efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Knowledge of the need to understand the schedule constraints and what elements should be included in the project scope.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills that are critical to obtaining approvals and managing the budget, schedule, and multidisciplinary engineering, procurement, and construction teams.
- Understanding of engineering and/or project management principles, contract law, budgeting, negotiations, planning, supervising others, and experience making public presentations.
Supplemental Statement: Applicants must attach a supplemental statement with their resume and application explaining how and/or why you qualify for this position (limit your response to one page). This supplemental statement will be used to assess your qualifying experience. Failure to submit the supplemental statement, along with application and resume will result in disqualification.
Verification: Verification of education and qualifying experience may be required at a later date.
HOW TO APPLY:
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. Resumé and supplemental statement describing how you meet the qualifications must be attached to the application.
Resume and supplemental statement can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- attach to the online application in the “Other” tab; or
- fax to (415) 581-5120; or
- e-mail to the examination analyst at email@example.com with the subject “5502 Project Manager I”; or
- hand-deliver to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.); or
- mail to One South Van Ness Avenue, Sixth Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. Attn: 5502 Manager I (PEX-5502-057157).
* Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process
* Choose “5502 Project Manager I” (PEX-5502-057157) from the list of job opportunities
* Click “Apply” located under the position salary information and acknowledge the information
* Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have Registered Previously”
* Follow instructions given on the screen
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by the SFMTA - Merit Section. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 701-5009 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at (415) 701-5009 or 415-701-5043 (TTY); or in writing to: SFMTA Human Resources, Merit Section, 1 South Van Ness, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. For further information, contact Suzanne Wong or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER