2232 Senior Physician Specialist
|Date Opened||12/7/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/28/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69.99 - $99.05/hour|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
2232 SENIOR PHYSICIAN SPECIALIST
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Exempt
The Department of Public Health’s Community Health Network, Jail Health Services, Forensic AIDS Project (FAP) is accepting applications for one (1) part-time position in class 2232 Senior Physician Specialist.
This Board Certified Senior Physician Specialist will provide care in the San Francisco jail system to HIV patients as well as general medical care. This position is located in any of Jail Health Services facilities, including sites in San Bruno, CA.
SHIFT: Days. Occasional weekend call may be necessary.
Under general supervision of the Director of Jail Health Services and the Medical Director of the Forensic AIDS Project, the Senior Physician Specialist will perform the following essential job functions:
· Evaluates, plans and implements treatments and referrals of patients with HIV-infection and other medical disorders;
· Actively consults with other physician specialists.
· Provides clinical guidance to Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in Jail Health Services.
· Provides expert advice on diagnosis and treatment of particularly difficult or complex cases;
· Maintains electronic medical records;
· Serves as liaison with hospital-based physicians; and
· Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. Graduation from an approved School of Medicine; AND
2. Possession of an M.D. or D.O. degree; AND
3. Completion of a recognized residency program in Family Practice or Internal Medicine; AND
4. Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine; AND
5. Possession of a California Medical License issued by the California Medical Board; AND
6. Possession of a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license.
Condition(s) of Employment:
All qualified candidates who have been selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
· Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
· Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
· Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Security clearance issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required prior to appointment to positions with Jail Health Services and must be maintained for continued employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications shall result in the termination of employment.
· HIV experience and current certification by the AAHIVM, or sub-specialization in Infectious Diseases preferred.
· Ability to work as part of a treatment team which includes RN’s, social workers and case managers.
· Sensitivity to and experience working with the ethnically and culturally diverse and disadvantaged individuals, community agencies, and organizations.
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow the instructions on the screen
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Milton Estes, M.D., Medical Director
Forensic AIDS Project
via email at Milton.Estes@sfdph.org or via phone at 415-581-3150
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATE:
All applicants must be able to produce a copy of required licenses and/or certifications when requested throughout the application process. Failure to provide verification(s) may result in rejection of application process.
Experience: All applicants must be able to produce employment verification(s) if requested throughout the application process. Failure to present documentation may result in rejection of application and removal from the application process.
Verification of all experience needed to qualify if requested must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours per week, duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate representative.
City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver request will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include an evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
The Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
COMBINED ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIVE
Issued: December 7, 2012
Announcement No.: PEX-2232-059776
Team DPH/LL (415) 206-8150 (DHR Pos. No. 01122080)
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.