2320 Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Nurse Training Program
DPH - San Francisco General Hospital
|Date Opened||1/16/2007 7:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2009 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$89,336.00 - $117,364.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
PSYCHIATRIC TRAINING PROGRAM
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse performs professional nursing duties utilizing the nursing process. Essential functions include: provision of nursing care to adults with acute symptoms or behaviors related to a psychiatric condition; implementation of multidisciplinary care plans; direction and supervision of the patient care provided by nursing personnel assigned to the unit; and direction of standard patient care activities for the assigned unit. The Registered Nurse also performs related duties as required.
NEW HIRE RETENTION BONUS:
New employees hired for this position will be covered by the SEIU Registered Nurse collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and shall receive a $7,500 bonus payable as follows: $1250 after 6 months of employment, $1250 after twelve months of employment, $1250 after eighteen months of employment, $1250 after twenty-four months of employment, and $2,500 after forty-eight months of employment.
1. Possession of a valid permanent/temporary (including an interim permit) California License as a Registered Nurse. A photocopy of license must be submitted when filing; AND
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be filed at the Psychiatric Nursing Office, S.F. General Hospital, Room 7M10, 1001 Potrero Ave., S.F., CA 94110 (415-206-5111). Receipt of applications may be suspended or closed at any time depending on the needs of Psychiatric Nursing and by posting notice of such action by 4:00 P.M. of that day in the Nursing department. APPLICANTS MUST INDICATE "PSYCHIATRIC TRAINING PROGRAM" AFTER CLASS NUMBER AND TITLE ON THE APPLICATION FORM.
DRUG CALCULATION TEST/WRITTEN EXAM: Candidates may be expected to pass a drug calculation test and/or a written exercise, depending on the specialty area, to continue in the examination process. WEIGHT: QUALIFYING
1. Some positions may require bilingual fluency in a variety of languages depending upon the department’s needs. Only those eligibles who pass the bilingual proficiency test will be considered for these positions. Applicants must indicate the language(s) in which they claim proficiency on the front page - [middle section of the page] of the application.
2. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. All documentation filed in response to this announcement becomes a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to present the same documents and/or additional material at the time of appointment and/or a later date.
3. All City and
4. Candidates with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this examination MUST contact the examination analyst by phone at: (415) 206-8084 (voice) or, if hearing impaired, (415) 557-4810 (TDD), or in writing (specify Class 2320 RN – ICTP – SFGHMC) at: DPH/Merit Systems Division, 2789 – 25th Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94110, as soon as possible.
5. The number of persons to be placed on an eligible list will be determined by the needs of the department; therefore applicants who receive passing scores are not guaranteed placement on an eligible list.
6. Eligible lists will specify work schedules -- either part-time or full-time. Eligibles placed on a list designated "part-time" must re-apply for full-time positions, if such positions become available.
7. Applicants who receive passing scores but are not employed within one (1) year from the date of the examination must re-apply and retake the examination.
8. Candidates who participate in the examination but do not receive a passing score cannot file another application for this examination for a period of six (6) months from the date of the examination.
9. If an applicant fails an exam and later successfully appeals, her/his name will be added to a subsequent list.
10. The ‘Rule of Three Scores’ will be the Certification Rule for this eligible list.
11. No waivers will be allowed.
12. If appointed, eligibles possessing interim permits or temporary licenses must present full and unrestricted California Registered Nurse licenses prior to completion of the probationary period.
13. Valid licensure must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
14. Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing,
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Amended to reflect current salary: October 9, 2003
AMENDED & RE-ISSUED TO REFLECT NEW HIRE RETENTION BONUS, CHANGES IN STANDARD LANGUAGE & NEW HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR’S NAME: December 22, 2006
ISSUED: December 8, 2000
ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: 01-168
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TELEPHONE: (415) 206-8084 (LGM)