|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/16/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/23/2014 9:00:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $45,000 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Senior Systems Analyst for our Stillwater location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $45,000 based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: In support of the Education Business Segment, the Senior Systems Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with Lead System Analyst in the design, deployment and maintenance of enterprise applications, servers, and hardware to obtain acceptable performance of network services. Infrastructure includes Microsoft, Open Source and Virtualized based computer room and core network services of OMES/ISD presences at Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (ODCTE) located in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
• Support the alignment of ODCTE systems with the State’s standards and to assist other business segment teams in the strategic alignment effort.
• Provide assistance with direction and leadership for the agency’s network resources.
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to access technology needs and system requirements.
• Evaluate the agency’s technology use and make recommendations for improvements involving hardware, peripherals, and software.
• Assist with the daily operations of the data center, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities and developing standards and setting deadlines.
• Set up and maintain backup and recovery for servers and operating systems.
• Configure and maintain IP networking including address allocation, sub netting and basic routing.
• Install and maintain servers and operating systems including install, configure, upgrade and patch.
• Install and maintain network infrastructure equipment.
• Configure and maintain email and web filter systems.
• Review and approve all system diagrams and topology changes prior to implementation.
• Develop IT resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• As required perform hardware and software administrator duties operations and tasks to ensure reliable performance of the devices assigned (setup and updates, security scans, maintenance, support, documentation and troubleshooting).
• Provide emergency assistance during non-agency work hours as required to ensure acceptable performance of the core network services.
• Give quality customer support for internal and external customers. Respond to call tickets within the stated standards and document call tickets as required.
• May be asked to serve on various committees and teams as assigned for developing IT management and security policies.
• Associate’s Degree, with industry recognized certifications and two plus years professional experience in at least two areas of: Networking, Server & Desktop Support, Server based Business Applications, Mobile Device support.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) additional year of experience for each year of the required education, or completion of technical school or vendor training in the area of Computer Operations/Network Technology, or professional certification such as MCSE.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.